Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paddy McCourt

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was always baffled at the cult status he seemed to enjoy with some fans here. A few mazy dribbles that invariably came to nothing, yet we were so desperately BAD that season, that some people were still crying out for him to come off the bench or to get a start. He was utter junk.

But I suppose when you had a midfield containing JFC and Gardner, almost anything would seem preferable.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Biggest myth going. That standard is pretty much Sunday league

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I thought he was wonderful. In a team where people thought Rohan Ince was good, to have a player with that natural ability and willingness to try something like daring to beat a man was a sight to behold.

I always think that people who didn't like McCourt because he didn't "do it enough" are the same people who, when asked about Vicente, say something like "Yeah but he was injured a lot" rather than "OH MY GOD. WE HAD VICENTE".

McCourt is going to end up with a lovely end of career montage.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I was always baffled at the cult status he seemed to enjoy with some fans here. A few mazy dribbles that invariably came to nothing, yet we were so desperately BAD that season, that some people were still crying out for him to come off the bench or to get a start. He was utter junk.

But I suppose when you had a midfield containing JFC and Gardner, almost anything would seem preferable.

This.

He was proper gash

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I remember him doing something similar for Barnsley against us at the Amex.

Had his chance here. Great talent in glimpses but never seemed fit enough to play week in week out.

Another gifted player wasted his talent IMHO - still only 33 but playing non-league

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I thought he was wonderful. In a team where people thought Rohan Ince was good, to have a player with that natural ability and willingness to try something like daring to beat a man was a sight to behold.

I always think that people who didn't like McCourt because he didn't "do it enough" are the same people who, when asked about Vicente, say something like "Yeah but he was injured a lot" rather than "OH MY GOD. WE HAD VICENTE".

McCourt is going to end up with a lovely end of career montage.

There is a difference between not doing it enough, and not doing it at all.

Oct 25, 2003
I wrote an article about him to The Albion Mag. He's one of those players that we've all played with at sunday league level- turns up about 5 minutes before kick off, he's forgotten his boots, he NEVER brings money and he's hungover. He played with a blissful unawareness of the general game- he'd just kind of stand around and then if he got it he'd go on an epic solo run

Football Manager Stats: Dribbling: 20 Everything else: 0

I liked him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here