Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"NSC Live": A Q&A with Paul Barber

Would you come to the Amex for a Q&A with Paul Barber. If so, which date(s)?

• Wednesday 13 September

Votes: 24 43.6%
  • Thursday 21 September

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • Monday 25 September

Votes: 34 61.8%

• Total voters

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I'm FREE then

Are you in the Cliftonville TOMORROW ? I might pop by and share a SAUSAGE with YOU. Would be good to KETCHUP with you again.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Maybe ask Chris at the Prince Albert if you can have the upstairs if they don't have a gig on ( or the back room if not too many ), easy on the train for people and parking nearby.........just a thought.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I'm available for two of the three. I can guarantee it will be on the one I can't do. If that is the case.

Please thank Paul for 99% of what he does. Turning up and having a go for the 1% that perhaps some don't agree with seems a little churlish to me but if he is up for a chat what's not to like.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm available for two of the three. I can guarantee it will be on the one I can't do. If that is the case.

Please thank Paul for 99% of what he does. Turning up and having a go for the 1% that perhaps some don't agree with seems a little churlish to me but if he is up for a chat what's not to like.

Paul will have an enjoyable evening with fans grateful for his and the club's work. All talk on this summer's transfer window will be amenable. The "churlish" confrontations won't happen.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I agree. Lucky to have a CEO like Barber.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Maybe ask Chris at the Prince Albert if you can have the upstairs if they don't have a gig on ( or the back room if not too many ), easy on the train for people and parking nearby.........just a thought.

It was the first venue I thought of when thinking about a central pub.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's good of him to make himself available and he's always been great at speaking to fans. But I confess I don't entirely get what he's about here. Does he WANT the critics to come out in force so he can shut them up by the force of reason? Or is he hoping no one mouthy will show so he can say there's no real issue here?

My position, for what it's worth, is that I've been strongly critical of the way window was bungled (as I see it). I've argued the club's much vaunted transfer strategy needs re-thinking. But I've said my piece elsewhere online and not on NSC.

And, although I won't agree with Mr Barber on this issue, I still think he's an excellent CEO. So, not sure there'd be much point me showing up. He won't persuade me and I won't persuade him.

It's not a "transfer window Q&A". You can ask about anything you like. And you'll get direct honest answers.

And unlike on here when I paste a Paul Barber note and it gets picked apart, people will be able to go back on Paul's responses and ask the more direct follow-up question.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
wouldn't it be easier to hold a Q&A on here then close the thread after an hour or so?

This. If he wants to engage with NSC (including the northern and overseas seagull diaspora and, for better or worse, the keyboard warriors) then engage on NSC. Otherwise it's just an event in Falmer or Brighton much like the Fans' Forum with probably a lot of the same people.

Run it like a Reddit AMA: open a thread, people post questions, people thumb-up the questions they most want to see answered, Paul answers a selection of the most popular and the conversation can spin off from there (or not). We'll probably find that vBulletin doesn't support that format very well but it seems like it would be worth a shot.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This. If he wants to engage with NSC (including the northern and overseas seagull diaspora and, for better or worse, the keyboard warriors) then engage on NSC. Otherwise it's just an event in Falmer or Brighton much like the Fans' Forum with probably a lot of the same people.

Run it like a Reddit AMA: open a thread, people post questions, people thumb-up the questions they most want to see answered, Paul answers a selection of the most popular and the conversation can spin off from there (or not). We'll probably find that vBulletin doesn't support that format very well but it seems like it would be worth a shot.

AMAs are ridiculously slow though, aren't they? The fact is we can talk a lot quicker than we type which both allows more to-and-fro on points of contention and allows more questions to be answered within any given timeframe.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
If you want to question Barbs, just pop in to the Western Road Starbucks of a morning and say your piece.
I've had many enlightening exchanges with the be-sweatered one that way.

D

Deleted User X18H

If you want to question Barbs, just pop in to the Western Road Starbucks of a morning and say your piece.
I've had many enlightening exchanges with the be-sweatered one that way.

Brighton or Hove ?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
He does has to be asked as to why, as 8th highest nett spenders in Europe, and with 4.1/2 months to sign two strikers we failed to get one.

And yes, I'd like to ask him that question myself.

But you know the answer, and there's no valid argument you can put up to challenge it. If you try, his next sentence starts "what you need to understand is ........."

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Whilst appreciating the good work done by PB I believe that this wouldnt achieve anything as it will turn out like a politicians Q & A session which avoids straight answers as the question being too sensitive to receive an answer so although well intended rather pointless for most supporters, except of course those that want to be seen to be seen talking with PB and consider them selves special.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here