Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester - Adrien Silva

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
To me this is officialdom gone mad.

Before some **** says "Rules are rules", I get that. But no one can really say that Leicester have tried to abuse something here. FIFA could apply common sense and 'pretend' that the documents were there in time. 14 seconds. It's shit like this which astounds me - but actually with a corrupt organisation like FIFA, no it doesn't.

If this was us trying to squeeze something through in the last few minutes due to other things collapsing/happening, we'd be well f*cked off.

I dunno. It's the thin end of the wedge. If you let this go then the next team will be a minute late and cite this case. You let that go and the next team is 10 minutes late and does the same, and so on.

Also from the BBC:

"The club own Silva but points of the deal were not completed adequately meaning they are required to pay his wages until they can attempt to register him again in January."

Ouch! :lolol:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
To me this is officialdom gone mad.

Before some **** says "Rules are rules", I get that. But no one can really say that Leicester have tried to abuse something here. FIFA could apply common sense and 'pretend' that the documents were there in time. 14 seconds. It's shit like this which astounds me - but actually with a corrupt organisation like FIFA, no it doesn't.

If this was us trying to squeeze something through in the last few minutes due to other things collapsing/happening, we'd be well f*cked off.

I'd agree with that, especially when these deals now are worth MILLIONS to clubs and also, we forget, effect people personally.

Now, don't for one second take this as a "won't somebody please think of the poor footballers" but these moves involve people leaving their home country and often moving their young family abroad for their work. It's not a quick decision. The player will have had to discuss this with their family and make the decision they are ready to do it.

To get yourself ready for that and then find out it fell through on something like this would be annoying to say the least.

As you say, in cases where it is clear things have been sent and miss by seconds (which suggests they've begun faxing the documents inside the time limit) should really be open to common sense.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Am I too late to comment on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There's some transfers in the Football League that have been ruled out. Not sure if they were late, or not registered properly.

https://twitter.com/SportsPeteO/status/905872936648761345

[tweet]905872936648761345[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/SportsPeteO/status/905873767687225344

[tweet]905873767687225344[/tweet]
No sympathy from me, I'm afraid.

They had from June 10th to sort out their transfers.

Live by the 11pm August 31st deadline, die by that same deadline.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
What is FIFA playing at? 14 seconds is irrelevant, just put the transfer through, why make a song and dance about it? Idiots.
It feels like it, but I was introduced to the seriousness of top end sport through my son, and call up rooms close on the second. Seen athletes turned away for less than a minute lateness. I guess it is just the way it is, but do agree that it seems harsh, but equally if you are on time, and your opponent misses the call up room by 14 seconds, you're going to call it. It's a win in the bag.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It beggars belief that transfer dealings this day and age are submitted by fax. Truly bizarre

If they are still using fax machines just unplug it at the closing time and none will be received and the sender will be told it didnt go through. No argument. Could even be more primitive and put the power supply plug on a timer that automatically cuts off the power.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It beggars belief that transfer dealings this day and age are submitted by fax. Truly bizarre
The part of the FA (or whichever branch it was) that go through all the transfers (all leagues) don't use fax machines. They visited part of their office on SSN on deadline day.

If they are still using fax machines just unplug it at the closing time and none will be received and the sender will be told it didnt go through. No argument. Could even be more primitive and put the power supply plug on a timer that automatically cuts off the power.
What if a few clubs submit there's just before the deadline, and the machine is printing stuff off?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
With world wide transfers going through all the time, do we reckon there is only one fax machine? A different one for each country, maybe..
How much simpler would email be... I know a barrister and I know that she used to get files sent through via fax. Seems silly that they can't send email then print it off. Maybe they think it is more secure, unless you fax to the wrong number and they happen to have a fax machine connected..

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Who is to say that FIFA fax machine is accurate to the second?
Not a chance that it is an actual 'fax machine'.

They are still trying to locate The Ark's resting place before the salvage diving begins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here