Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FYI: Bozza

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sorry - not sure what to say. I've never heard about a specific site not registering certain key presses whilst other sites and applications do.

It's not been reported by anyone else either.

Ithasnow.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Is there anything you can do about the really annoying Tiger Woods advert when browsing on mobile/tablet without tapatalk [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ? It takes up the whole screen and the X to close the ad doesn't work.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It does the same for me but I have found a workaround. Starting in the line right below the quote press 'space' and if that doesn't work press 'return' for a new line and then try 'space' again. I've found it usually let's you start using the space bar by about the third or fourth line.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Whilst on this sort of thing several times over last few days, and only whilst on NSC, a new screen pops up with some prat trying to intice me to some financial investment scam. Entire screen locks with only way to clear to shut computer down.

Have checked with several malware apps and doesn't seem to be my computer.

Anyone else had this?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is there anything you can do about the really annoying Tiger Woods advert when browsing on mobile/tablet without tapatalk [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ? It takes up the whole screen and the X to close the ad doesn't work.

Are you logged in?

Which view are you on - normal or mobile?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I thought it was just my laptop not working properly wheneverythingsuddenlywentlikethis - Chrome on Windows 7. Except the space bar is working now. It started a couple of weeks ago but was only sporadic - although it did stop me making a couple of trite replies to someone about something.

Only on NSC - other sites and programmes seemed to work ok.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
mmm...

Logged in - Windows 7 (this time) and Chrome.

Space character working now in the reply box - but wasn't a minute ago, Experienced the same with Windows 10 and Edge.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Same for me, Firefox on the Mac, not all the time, not on this post for instance!

Firefox on Mac here and same problem too but not usually this site but plenty of others. Don't think it is the website fault, will be much more likely to be whatever browser they're using.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Thanks - I've made one of the settings tweaks suggested on that thread.

Can those affected let me know if this has helped or not please.

Seems to be working ok now :thumbsup:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Now there's another issue. Twice today I've opened a thread and been automatically redirected to an article on ibtimes.com. I'm assuming there's a rogue ad somewhere [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Now there's another issue. Twice today I've opened a thread and been automatically redirected to an article on ibtimes.com. I'm assuming there's a rogue ad somewhere [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

I mentioned that yesterday further up this thread, which someone else acknowledged via a Like. Its a nasty redirect as locks screen. Didn't note what site it redirected to but was def finance related

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Good to know I'm not alone. This is Quick Reply and it works... weird.

#BozzaOut

you-are-not-alone.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here