Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

March for England 2014

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
No fascists....no UAF...its a simple formulae...

Before, anybody gives it the ....the fascists have a voice, and they have a right to use that voice....
Their voices appear to be saying they are coming to Brighton to commit violent acts...

That fact has been confirmed by a 'supporter' of these nitwits on NSC.

'No UAF'? You mean the militant wing of the SWP? They'd still be around if there were no fascists, they are semi-fascist in their own right.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yeah, they are often in Brighton disrupting the local economy..

You wouldn't know this, not being local and all, but every Saturday, the Brighton Palestine Campaign (another SWP front) pickets Ecostream in Western Road. Every Saturday without fail and the atmosphere is horrible.

...And then there's every time there's a demonstration in Brighton about cuts in services or student protests or fracking the SWP are there, hijacking the demos.....And then there's the numerous SmashEDO marches which have caused millions of pounds and hundreds of thousands of man hours to police. They've done dozens more protests and marches and direct action events than anything the MFE could muster. It's all here Dave: http://www.theargus.co.uk/search/?search=Smash+EDO

And on a related note a couple off years ago, Rabbi Hershel Radar said the EDO protests made him fearful for his and other local Jews' safety. He's got the SWP/UAF spot on. Nasty, bullying, arrogant and with more than a faint whiff of anti-semitism running through it.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
A Rabbi who is against protests regarding EDO??...thats a massive shock.
Palestinians feel a little uncomfortable thanks to parts created by EDO

I do visit Brighton fairly regularly, and yes, the atmosphere created by the SWP at Ecostream realy is awful....haha... a touch theatrical dont you think?
I walked past them twice on my last visit, and had to have them pointed out to me....ill check how awful it is in a couple of weeks...ill let you know if its got 'worse'

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
A rabbi against protests against EDO...thats a shock.

I do visit Brighton regularly, and yes, the atmosphere created by the SWP is awful....haha... a touch theatrical dont you think?

Theatrical? Then quite clearly you don't visit that end of Western Road on a Saturday. Face it, you're talking out your arse again.

By the way, I just love the way you dismiss the very real fears of a respected community leader in such a way. Why is it not a shock? Do you now admit that the SWP backed SmashEDO pose a credible threat to the safety of the local Jewish community? Funny how when Muslim leaders in Britain say they fear for their safety from people demonstrating against things happening abroad you're all eyes and ears, the very model of an empathetic, right-on dude. Ready to fight their corner against all sorts of nastiness. Here's someone from the other side saying exactly the same thing and you couldn't give a toss. Nice one.

For the record, I've no opinion one way or the other about MFE, EDO or EcoStream but I do wish people would be consistent when moralising on here.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I walked past them twice on my last visit, and had to have them pointed out to me

Eh? You must have the worst eyesight in the world. This is what it looks like EVERY Saturday, and now they've set up camp on the other side of the road too.

28r2nuo.jpg

How in God's name did you walk past this lot (and they make a hell of a racket too) TWICE without noticing? I call bullshit.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Nope, and ill look for them next weekend...see if its an 'event'...it certainly wasnt when I was home in January.
so, the 'Jewish' commuity lives in the vicinity of the EDO premises?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Call what you like... I was staying in Montpelier...I never saw anything like that...are you sure its EVERY week?

It does look like they have created an 'awful atmosphere' haha

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Nope, and ill look for them next weekend...see if its an 'event'...it certainly wasnt when I was home in January.
so, the 'Jewish' commuity lives in the vicinity of the EDO premises?

Eh? For a start, you made the assertion that SWP don't disrupt local businesses. Demonstrably, they do and often. I think we can agree on that point, surely. Secondly, this MFE march - can I take it from the stupid point you're trying to make that as long as the MFE don't march near muslims that muslims have nothing to fear?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Looks like they maybe disrupting A business...not an entire city..

No, im not saying that about MFE...what im saying about EDO protests, is...they are protesting at EDO...against a company involved in arms production...why would that worry the 'jewish community'?
Are they being targetted for being Jewish?

Are EDO protestors, and SWP threatening the city of Brighton with impending violence?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You wouldn't know this, not being local and all, but every Saturday, the Brighton Palestine Campaign (another SWP front) pickets Ecostream in Western Road. Every Saturday without fail and the atmosphere is horrible.

...And then there's every time there's a demonstration in Brighton about cuts in services or student protests or fracking the SWP are there, hijacking the demos.....And then there's the numerous SmashEDO marches which have caused millions of pounds and hundreds of thousands of man hours to police. They've done dozens more protests and marches and direct action events than anything the MFE could muster. It's all here Dave: http://www.theargus.co.uk/search/?search=Smash+EDO

And on a related note a couple off years ago, Rabbi Hershel Radar said the EDO protests made him fearful for his and other local Jews' safety. He's got the SWP/UAF spot on. Nasty, bullying, arrogant and with more than a faint whiff of anti-semitism running through it.

Smash EDO are the exact equivalent of MFE. If they gave two hoots about what they say they're protesting about they'd be picketing government and real arms factories rather than somewhere that makes a tiny part. They come to Brighton because it's Brighton - EXACTLY the same as MFE. As you say as bad as each other.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Call what you like... I was staying in montpelier...I never saw anything like that...are you sure its EVERY week?

It does look like an 'awful atmosphere' haha

Yes, I'm sure it's every Saturday and the atmosphere is horrible (I usually have my children with me and we, along with many others cross the road to avoid the melee). I think you're bullshitting. Actually, I know you're bullshitting when you say you didn't notice it. But none of this gets away from the fact that you claimed there's no regular disruption to the local economy. Their clearly is.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Smash EDO are the exact equivalent of MFE. If they gave two hoots about what they say they're protesting about they'd be picketing government and real arms factories rather than somewhere that makes a tiny part. They come to Brighton because it's Brighton - EXACTLY the same as MFE. As you say as bad as each other.

I agree completely.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Seriously buzzer..i never saw anything like that, in fact, I walked past there a few times.....
Ill look next week..ill even take pictures....and even in that picture, i dont think the word 'melee' is that genuine.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Are EDO protestors, and SWP threatening the city of Brighton with impending violence?

Are you mental? Of course they cause violence. They've a long history of it. Even local anarchists SchNews boasted of the violence caused:

http://www.schnews.org.uk/archive/news675.htm

The march was being headed by police horses and as the crowd reached the Clocktower, police thought the march was going straight on. But the march turned right, and after realising their mistake, the police horses were cantered round and raced to the front of the march sending bemused tourists and shoppers fleeing for safety.

On Queens Rd towards Brighton Station is the Army recruitment centre. Metal shutters across the front meant that a quick re-spray was the only option, before marching on to the train station. The crowd was visibly more up for it by now - clearly angry not just about the weapons factory but by the beating and kettling handed out at the G20.

For a real 90s-retro feel the crowd paused outside McDonald’s before surging forward behind the reinforced banners. Brew cans rattled ineffectually against the windows of the golden arches, as a line of riot cops formed along the store-front. One cop-van was rocked as the masked crowd turned on it. Soon a smoke grenade was billowing red clouds from under the vehicle. Short shield police backed up by horses moved into the crowd splitting it into two.

Fleeing down side-streets and arming themselves with wheelie-bins full of bottles, the crowd swiftly outwitted the police and regrouped - before a pink-fibreglass car (out of Wind in the Willows) joined in the uphill stretch along Ditchling Rd in the vague direction of EDO’s weapons factory. The uphill struggle came to end as lines of riot police backed with horses started batoning peoples’ legs.

How can you claim they don't cause violence, you twit?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Well, very long answer, but thats not what I said.. I said are they threatening Brighton...
MFE supporters are actively threatening to cause violence in the city... sorry if you misunderstood
As they are actively threatening to cause violence and mayhem in the city, i dont think the march should be allowed.
Not sure thats such a bad thing do you?
We are discussing an MFE march, that is threatening violence, and im supposed to explain every left wing event in the city haha

If you want violent racist, fascists in your city...its your perogative.. I dont...thats my perogative.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Still waiting for answer from Gimpster...he likes grand-standing with pompous posts, but ask him a direct question, and the turnip gets shy.

Gimpster...tell me what point im missing regarding MFE...ie..what the thread is about?

What I said is you are "an illiterate and tedious keyboard warrior 800 miles away, constantly missing the point." Glad to see you're not objecting to the rest of what I wrote.

But answering your buffoonery, I didn't say you were missing the point regarding MFE. The point you're clearly missing here is that, as much as you insist "no MFE, no trouble", the fact is that the presence of Smash EDO in Brighton will mean trouble. And no other objective will be met by them being there.

It's quite clear. Rather than get involved pointing out your absolutely MONGery, I'll let [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] and [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] do the talking as they're doing a fairly routine job of highlighting what an idiot you are. Cheerio. :bigwave: Good luck with fighting the good fight from 800 miles away anyway. :rolleyes:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Oh we are back on EDO Gimpster?...are they marching in Brighton?

..and as ive repeatedly said to you before Gimpster....fighting them?....no..pointing, and laughing at them....and their supporters...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here