Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I'll say what I say every time.

If you didn't like watching Vicente play, then you don't like football.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You have to admit it , Vicente was PLR

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
just for you ;-)

MAGIC
problem is there is nobody at the club who would be able to talk someone with his talent to play for us
we could have that person with that talent but would anyone recognise it?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
MAGIC
problem is there is nobody at the club who would be able to talk someone with his talent to play for us
we could have that person with that talent but would anyone recognise it?

Do you have English available to you, as a language to write in?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Do you have English available to you, as a language to write in?

Although [MENTION=4156]glasfryn[/MENTION] moved back to the seaside a couple of years ago he still has a Welsh keyboard :wink: I used Google translate and it came back with - We only signed Vicente because Gus sold him the "project".

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Although @glasfryn moved back to the seaside a couple of years ago he still has a Welsh keyboard :wink: I used Google translate and it came back with - We only signed Vicente because Gus sold him the "project".

precisely

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
We didn't see a lot of him, but when we did, he was absolute different class. Not so much in the second season as his interested appeared to have waned. That cameo against the skates when he almost single handedly took them apart will live long in the memory.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Hi performance against Portsmouth is the one i remember most. Nil all with 20 minutes to go. Vicente comes on, 2 goals, man of the match... and no one got near him! Amazing!

Yeah, that's the one that stays with me. He simply took over the game, and was about 5 yards ahead of everyone else in his thinking and his touch and his play. he stroked the ball home like I do in my garden against my kids when I'm bored and decide to show them that dad is still best.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Best player I've ever seen play for us, bar none.

Tell me you didn't immediately look for his name on the screens around the Amex when the teams were shown prior to the game. Then tell me you didn't feel hugely disappointed if he wasn't available....... bet you cant. (they'll always be one who says they didn't.

You can imagine that all the other players would have tried to impress him in training too. He brought more to the playing side than people think.

fireball

Jan 24, 2010
The best player that i have seen play for the albion .And i first started wattching brighton back in the midd 70s

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Different gravy was Vicente. I'm not ashamed to say I miss him massively, to see a player that good in our colours was quite something. Alright yeah he was injured a lot but when he was fit and firing he was a true joy to behold, he is head and shoulders above any player I've seen in a Brighton shirt before or since.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
The Dagger's 40 yard run with the ball, in the inside left channel at Ipswich, and his turn inside onto his right foot, and his 22 yard right footed curler into the top right hand corner took my breath away, in the way that ONLY Wardy has ever done.

It was sublime. You are right, nobody in the current line-up lifts the expectation and adrenalin like that. I loved Vicente, so sad we could not get his head, his heart and his body right at the same time more often.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Different gravy was Vicente. I'm not ashamed to say I miss him massively, to see a player that good in our colours was quite something. Alright yeah he was injured a lot but when he was fit and firing he was a true joy to behold, he is head and shoulders above any player I've seen in a Brighton shirt before or since.

I think what we saw was a half fit Vicente. Imagine what a fully fit version was like ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here