Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt "not focused enough"

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Because Liam said he wasn't focused

Exactly!

Oscar says that Liam was 'very honest with Nathan' and told him he did not believe he could focus on the game because of what is going on around him' for that reason he was not selected.

So Liam was not selected because of what HE told Nathan Jones NOT because Jones told Oscar not to play him.

He is an absolute disgrace and has to be classed as a JUDAS now.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It's fairly obvious really. Ian Gillan, by tendering his resignation during the spring of 1973 effectively dissolved the most famous line-up of one of the greatest rock bands of all time. This helps put to bed the accepted theory that Blackmore was the sole reason the MKII era of the band ended in the manner it did. It bolied down to a catastrophic breakdown in relationships, to a point of no return. By comparison the Bridcutt stuff is a load of bollocks really, which I suspect is my point. Kosh.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I would have thought it obvious that Liam is not going to be all in on those 50-50 tackles until the window closes, and the chance of moving is gone.
If the window closes and he is still here, we will see him back and focussed, I am sure of that.

If it was any of us in this position, we would all have "don't get injured" in the back of our minds and therefore not be focussed on the task of winning the game as much as surviving the game. Liam would have picked up performance pay if he had said to NJ, "no problem, I am fully focussed on winning the game" so he has done himself out of a few quid and given us the chance to select a player who wants to play and get the points.

Chill people. Till the end of the window we don't know if it will have been a good one or a bad one for us.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Not focused enough. Sorry but IMO he's as good as refused to play. Bang out of order and in my view unprofessional. All this bull about being honest, basically he's playing poker with Bloom and it's now Tonys turn to show his hand. This won't end well for Bridcutt. Only thing that will save him is a big decent bid from Sunderland.
Bridders is having a strop at his request being turned down. Man up!!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I said to [MENTION=4313]RM-Taylor[/MENTION] on the train journey back after the game that what he did today amounts to insubordination and he should be fined 2 weeks wages.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
"Boss, I'm not working today, my head isn't in it".

"So... are you taking a day's holiday or going sick?".

"Neither, I just don't fancy it".

"That's fine son, we'll pay you anyway".

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Feel sorry for the season ticket holders getting mugged off ???
regards
DR

Spot on.
Myself and many others work bloody hard to pay for a season ticket. I find it quite disrespectful that he can not come out and kick a ball about for 90 minutes to the best of his ability. I think he is a great player but i also feel that its insultibg to us fans to refuse to pay when in essence its as a group that pay his wages.
As Oscar once said football is nothing without fans and hearing this come out is a kick in the teeth to us all.
I hope the issue is resolved soon.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could the answer be that TB speaks to him and says your vslue to us is say £5m when somebody offers that you have my word we will let you join that club provided until then you continue to play as we all know you can.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Could the answer be that TB speaks to him and says your vslue to us is say £5m when somebody offers that you have my word we will let you join that club provided until then you continue to play as we all know you can.

Or he could tell to get on with the job he's bloody paid for.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Unfortunately a player is only worth what someone is prepared to pay, and if there is no competition from any other club to sign him it is difficult to claim he is of a much higher value than the current best offer.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yep, rather different than Liam saying it himself. Jones thought he wasn't focussed enough, no suggestion that Liam didn't want to play. Why has the OP twisted it around?

suits his mood....but tbh if its Oscar saying something then i don't think u can b 100% who said what, when and where...he's still getting his english together

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Breach of contract= no wages.
If I didn't turn up for work, I'd be docked pay or given a written warning.
Sell him asap.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unfortunately a player is only worth what someone is prepared to pay, and if there is no competition from any other club to sign him it is difficult to claim he is of a much higher value than the current best offer.
It would be a token offer by TB as obviously nobody would offer 5m, more likely 3m

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Bridcutt will not play whilst the window is open

I find it strange that a player wants to put himself in the shop window doesn't feel able to give 100%. Personally I feel Bridcutt at his best could have really stamped his authority on todays game and showed his true worth to prospective buyers, instead of painting himself into a corner.

Ultimately I don't think Oscar had much choice but to drop a player whose head is elsewhere. No one is bigger than the Club. This smacks of Liam's head having been turned to the extent that his loyalty to The Albion has evaporated, which is so sad. I just hope the situation is now resolved as quickly as possible so we can focus on getting in players who do want to play for us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here