seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Happy New Year fellow NSCers , I haven't posted for a while,

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I remember logging on its early days and thought it was full of a load of insufferable bores who liked the sound of their own voices. I didn't realise then that was the appeal :)

I rejoined in December 1996 when I met [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8]ManxSeagull[/MENTION] at the Orient game (Shilton's 1000th) and Wozza persuaded me to give it another try .... curse him. 19 years, sheesh

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
You and I (Buzza) must have joined at the same time. Funnily enough we both know Fatboy as well (Does he post under another name these days?). The pub was The Lord Nelson, Didn't Safeway and Artois (and a few others) organise it? It was a good laugh.

When I first joined, it was Dwayne and Taffy and Watford O against the world. There was also a Cardiff fan called The Laughing Bluebird, who turned out to be decent bloke at the Nelson ( a lot of people did).

My favourite thread is till Kev The Ape and his mum going down to Falmer.

My join date is also inaccurate but that's fine. I really enjoyed posting in reply to that 'Taffy' troll giving it large about Cardiff City. Can you recall when that would have been?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Will Bozza be some kind of compilation of the best bits together for purchase as an Amazon exclusive I wonder ?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
My join date is also inaccurate but that's fine. I really enjoyed posting in reply to that 'Taffy' troll giving it large about Cardiff City. Can you recall when that would have been?

I can't remember, but he wasn't coming for a poxy point.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Who's still here from the infamous Weekend in Cleethorpes thread? We got relegated but what a weekend we had in that scummy club pulling fat munters and posting the pics on here. Cannot believe that was over TWELVE years ago now.
[MENTION=256]DTES[/MENTION] [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION], [MENTION=148]Safeway[/MENTION], Fatboy, who else?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
NorthStandChat even made it into the Pier club with us...

DANNYSPM.jpg

Edit: I also remember the DJ giving many a Happy Birthday shout out that night. Happy Birthday Kerry Mayo! Happy Birthday Paul Watson! Happy Birthday Robert Zamora! etc etc etc...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
i was def around in another guise before 9/11.... as i know i posted on the thread that got printed off and taken out to NY when someone paid a visit soon after. my old user name says 03 join though..l so no clue!! def think the list has got better with age.... like a fine wine..(unless the faversham wine lake has been drained??!!)

Faversham wine lake HAS been drained (as of today) as I go on a month's respite in order to repopulate my liver with livingh breathing cells after a Christmas and New Year of SHocKing aBUse, as FG might have put it.

Not sure why folk ask what's happend to DK's M. She posts here regularly still, and was spotted by me at a distance outside the Amex recently (Hi!).

Personally I found NSC prior to 2003 a bit of a pain, what with all the trolls, but got to meet numerous very wonderful and funny people through it, pre 2003. Remember the footy in Regent's Park, MOH?

My main port of call, however, was (and still is) the old Mailing List. These days its a bit quiet, partly because you can't actually join it very easily, and partly because 90% of those on it know each other (as well as ships passing in the afternoon can say they know each other), via the various meet ups we have had since back in the Gillingham exile days, the end of season weekender and dinner, etc. Mr Blobby has been posting exquisite match reports on there for years (although not so much recently). And we have a Fantasy League that has been run brilliantly by the wonderful Selangore Seagull, and web hosted by another top lad with the travel bug, also for more than 15 years. Sorry, just realized I've gone way OT :lolol:

My best memory of NSC is pissing myself over at least one hilarious post every single time I read it. How some folk manage to stay in charachter year after year is extraordinary.

My worst memory is very certainly FG. Horrible troll.

Cheers :thumbsup:

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I also enjoyed [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] introduction to the board - particularly his sexshy pictures of his girlfriend/or wannabe girlfriend

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
One afternoon at work, when I couldn't do anything at all, was reading the Family Fortunes thread started by Artois. I don't think I have ever laughed at an internet forum as much since.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Will Bozza be some kind of compilation of the best bits together for purchase as an Amazon exclusive I wonder ?

I won't be some kind of compilation but, believe it or not, I have been approached about putting together some sort of "Best of NSC" book before. Clearly it would NOT be available in all good bookshops and could only be bought from our very good friends at Amazon.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've been around since about '99. I certainly remember typing your user name in for each post (I have always been me but shortened myself to GB sometimes when being lazy), Dave the Eagle, the Seagulleater and the regular sandwich threads (whatever happened to Barnet Seagull?).

Generally anyone with a join date of July 2003 can be regarded as old school. You can't get older than that.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I remember logging on its early days and thought it was full of a load of insufferable bores who liked the sound of their own voices. I didn't realise then that was the appeal :)

I rejoined in December 1996 when I met [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8]ManxSeagull[/MENTION] at the Orient game (Shilton's 1000th) and Wozza persuaded me to give it another try .... curse him. 19 years, sheesh

Sorry about that. :-(

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here