Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Post Game: How was it for you?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
As the final whistle went, I remembered back to last season against Man U, when a good night on the town was had.
As I'm here away with work, give me a flavour of how was it for you this evening?
Where did you end up, was there a knees up or just a satisfying celebratory tot raised in the snug of your local?
Me, I would of been on it, as I was for that great night last season against Jose's boys.

I realise we didn't secure survival & it's quite normal beating Man Utd at home now, but still, you have to celebrate wins like this right?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As the final whistle went, I remembered back to last season against Man U, when a good night on the town was had.
As I'm here away with work, give me a flavour of how was it for you this evening?
Where did you end up, was there a knees up or just a satisfying celebratory tot raised in the snug of your local?
Me, I would of been on it, as I was for that great night last season against Jose's boys.

I realise we didn't secure survival & it's quite normal beating Man Utd at home now, but still, you have to celebrate wins like this right?

Listened to the game again on bbc catchup radio and watched it again re Sky..cant get enuff

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Abosulutely buzzing after that.I was so pissed off all week with that embarrassing performance at Watford. It knocked me for six

On a side note was it a record crowd yesterday ? According to the Argus Man Utd sold 3025 tickets. How can that be when the away end only holds 2500 ?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Long drive home with son and mates spent purring with delight. Kept talking about the second half display. The discipline, the game management and the calmness. Remarkable turnaround after Watford, who clearly caught us a bit cold and judging from yesterday, they, themselves have hit the ground running. Pride restored, faith restored, confidence restored. New players to bed in, regulars fighting like crazy to retain their places. Spirit undeniable. Whats not to be happy about this morning.

Abosulutely buzzing after that.I was so pissed off all week with that embarrassing performance at Watford. It knocked me for six

On a side note was it a record crowd yesterday ? According to the Argus Man Utd sold 3025 tickets. How can that be when the away end only holds 2500 ?

The away end is adaptable. We have to give 3000 for a prem game if the visiting team wants it, so moat visitors brought circa 3k last season too

If there isn’t demand the away area shrinks and we get more Home Tickets.

Likewise, if it’s a cup game and the visitors want. We have to give them 4500 (15%)

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
We went for a beer in the Nelson.
United fans friendly and humble.

Then on to Donatellos, where a certain Monsieur Knockaert was having post match dinner with his mates.

What a nice guy

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave

Then on to Donatellos, where a certain Monsieur Knockaert was having post match dinner with his mates.

What a nice guy

That sounds quality.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Followed the usual post match routine of leaving WSU for ESL to meet up with mates and a few beers, then P&R back to racecourse and back to my local. Ended up completely rat arsed and picked up a curry on way home. Bloody glad I've got today off.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Spent a pleasant half-hour wandering through the North Stand concourse chatting to various chums and then joined a long queue at the station that looked about two trains' worth. But a 12-coach train came in and the people in high-vis handled it magnificently, filling the first 8 coaches from the platform then letting more people into the back four through the last doors of the eighth coach. Unexpected intelligence.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I got home at midnight thanks to the M25. How can that road be so busy on a Sunday evening?!

Just a thought but wouldn't it be quicker to go A/M27 and then head up the Newbury Bypass?

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Arrived back in Shoreham within the hour ( Seagull bus), and then watched the whole game again. Saw the final episode of Unforgotten and then watched Match of the day and we were on first for once. What a day !

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Don’t think so, I’m headed for North Wales so that looks a long way round. I’m thinking of going the other way around the M25 and M1/M6 rather than M40/M42/M6.

Fair play, I go to Shropshire often and always avoid the M25 like the plague, preferring the M27 but from Arundel. May be worth a try? M27, M3, A34, M40, M6, M6 Toll etc?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Don’t think so, I’m headed for North Wales so that looks a long way round. I’m thinking of going the other way around the M25 and M1/M6 rather than M40/M42/M6.

Dartford Tunnel was s**te last night, added about 45 minutes to the journey back to Essex

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I got home at midnight thanks to the M25. How can that road be so busy on a Sunday evening?!

My thoughts exactly, got home at 10.30 so not as bad as you. Only real consolation was seeing all those glum manc faces at Cobham services

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

What a nice guy
Liking the story so far, please continue. What did he do that was nice (I mean at the restaurant, rather than winning us 3 points, which was very nice)?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here