Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5 clear, 3 to play, we are safe

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Lets hope the players don't need that extra 1% from the crowd atmosphere to get a vital point to stay up then.

Friday will be good.....Friday night games usually are. Hope plenty stay for the lap of appreciation or whatever it’s called now, particularly after we’ve beaten United and guaranteed PL football next season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Chelsea have a game in hand over Liverpool (Huddersfield at Home), then play them at home next weekend. If Liverpool lose they will be leave on points when with Chelsea when they play us. Could well be anything but on the beach as Spurs have 3 relatively easy games coming up

I really don't want final day nerves
We'll be fine by Saturday night as Southampton will lose at Everton and Bournemouth will beat Swansea.

We may even be partying on Friday night if we get a wonderful win.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Arsenal haven’t got an away point in 2018, wouldn’t rely on them last day at Huddersfield .

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
We can be overtaken but I very much doubt if all four teams below us will overtake us.

I am not saying it is likely but it was not likely for us to lose top spot last season with 3 games to go and 7 points ahead. Being complacent right now is the worst thing we could do.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Just to throw a spanner in the works.
Last three games to play. (based on three single goal wins or defeats)
Brighton LLL 37pts F32 A50 GD-18
Southampton DWD 37pts F36 A54 GD-18
West Ham DLD 37pts F43 A69 GD-26
Hudders LDD 37pts F27 A57 GD-30
Swansea DLW 37pts F28 A53 GD-25

Five teams on 37 points. We've got a gap of 12 goals over Hudds
Worst case is relegated on goals scored below Saints.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If we remain on 37 all that Huddersfield and West Ham need is one win to jump above us, and I wouldn't rule out Shampton and Swansea picking up two wins which will jump them above us. They will be fighting for their lives against teams who have nothing to play for. Anything can happen so 37 might not be good enough and it may be settled on the final day.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am not saying it is likely but it was not likely for us to lose top spot last season with 3 games to go and 7 points ahead. Being complacent right now is the worst thing we could do.

I can be complacent, as I'm not on the pitch. Chris Hughton won't allow the team to be complacent.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If we remain on 37 all that Huddersfield and West Ham need is one win to jump above us, and I wouldn't rule out Shampton and Swansea picking up two wins which will jump them above us. They will be fighting for their lives against teams who have nothing to play for..

Saints are er, playing Swansea who are fighting for their life. And Man City who going by their sluggish performance today have clearly given up the ghost.

And swans are playing , as well as Saints, um , Stoke !

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just can't see West Ham, Swansea or Huddersfield getting any more points, and Southampton will really struggle at Everton and against Man City.

So I suspect the end of season table will look pretty much as it is now with Southampton overtaking Swansea.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We are just fans having an opinion on an internet forum, not professional players doing their day job!

Opinions - fine. But some are rash enough to tempt fate by saying we are definitely safe, absolutely, irrefutably and undeniably. They are wrong; we're not.

"Seven points clear with three to go - we are the champions!".................oh!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Opinions - fine. But some are rash enough to tempt fate by saying we are definitely safe, absolutely, irrefutably and undeniably. They are wrong; we're not.

"Seven points clear with three to go - we are the champions!".................oh!

Tempting fate is for superstitious people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here