Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help Chris Hughton : Who would you sell and sign?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Listening to the Shrewsbury/ Plymouth game on the interwebs and although Shrewsbury are losing the Argyle commentators have been highly complimentary about Shrewsbury's sussex born left back Mickey Demetriou. Sounds like he's been the main source of Shrewsbury's attacking outlet and defended ok to boot. Might be worth a punt seeing as we need a perminate left back and I can't see him being too expensive. Surely can't be worse that Bennett.

Good spot. Has certainly done his apprenticeship. Good age and experience.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Denjan Radonjic
Jean-David Beauguel
Nikolic Nemanja courtesy of [MENTION=30847]Megazone[/MENTION].

and of course the legend that is:-

Patrick Friday Eze

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
If the club decides to go down the loan route for one of the striker positions, think club could do a lot worse than James Wilson. Presume Man Utd would want to send him out on a season long loan.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If the club decides to go down the loan route for one of the striker positions, think club could do a lot worse than James Wilson. Presume Man Utd would want to send him out on a season long loan.

Would go with this Lurchy, but I suspect that they would be looking at a bottom half PL club. United have some serious thinking to do over the summer though, so that might affect what they do with Wilson.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
In would have a look at:

Jop van der Linden (Go Ahead Eagles) central defender
Danny Ward (Rotherham) left winger
Jérémy Hélan (Sheffield Wednesday) left midfield

I would like to get Will Buckley back now Sunderland have a change in Manager.

I don't think hamstrings are serious injuries, although I think he had a knee injury as well this season?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Has Dick Advocaat not played him when he has been fit or at least put him on the bench.

He's been on the bench last two games and didn't make it off, time before that against Stoke he started but was subbed off at halftime and he wasn't carrying an injury at the time. Anyway Dick Advocaat is only there to the end of the season at mo and Buckleys situation might depend on what happens to Johnson.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Has Dick Advocaat not played him when he has been fit or at least put him on the bench.

Regular non-playing substitute. Unfortunately, I think the wages will be prohibitive. He does not seem to fit in at Sunderland (taken off against Stoke) who can look really awful a lot of the time.

I think we have to look at non-squad younger players from Premier League sides. Even the top 6 clubs pay their youngsters too much nowadays, even full backs.
Otherwise it is players from lower League or Scottish clubs.
Or out of favour players from foreign clubs.

What we have to look for is young players with potential. A bit of pace and ability to kick with both feet is what I want to see, but I don't know even of this will be possible?

I think we need four players urgently and two (or three if we need another keeper) others desirable. That'll be difficult enough.

It would be good to get an player that is influential on the pitch. Worth paying a premium on wages for such a player.

I'm a little bit optimistic for next season as we have the whole summer to prepare. I don't go for the well known journeyman and rejects as they are too old, overpaid and not very good any more.

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Rangers vs Hibs tonight. Lee Wallace is a decent left back, if Rangers get knocked out and have to spend another season in the Championship then £750K could be too good an offer for them and the player to turn down.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would look at signing 3 released by Bolton Jermayn Beckford, natural goalscorer, Matt Mills an improvement on Halford and would push Greer for the position along side of Dunk and Andy Lonnergan as No 2 keeper and send Walton out season loan. The only expense would be wages and what could those 3 expect to get in the twilight of their careers.

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.
In:
Joe Garner
Joe Bennett
Wes Foderingham
Isaiah Brown - Chelsea (Loan) Young and hungry to get out there and score goals
Munir - Barca (Loan) Quick tricky winger...not in Barcas first team just yet
Out:
Walton (Season Long-Loan) - Needs first team football in either a league 1 or 2 club
COG - Doesn't wanna be there.. does he
JFC (Short Term Loan) - Dont think he's currently better than Kayal, Stephens, Ince, Holla or Crofts when he's back

But what do I know eh...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here