Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post general anesthetic pain

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
My last general anaesthetic was a knee job 10 years ago. The only odd thing I recall was for an hour after coming round I had an overwhelming emotion of tear-full sadness - can't explain it - just odd ....

Having a subtalar arthroscopy in a couple of months to try and remove the chronic pain I now have with every walking step - fruits of 45 years of bowling [cricket] - anyone else had one of these? I know Hiney's had the full subtaler fusion which is the final option and the end of any further active sport involvement.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
At the risk of being a sensitive (former) anaesthetist the pain is not down to the General Anaesthetic but due to the lad with the knife cutting into your knee.

It always used to shock me that after major major surgery, people would take weeks to recover and blame the anaesthetic.

The pain is due to all your painkillers / local anaesthetic they would have injected wearing off - can you really not take any ibuprofen or similar? If not make sure you take your cocodamol every 6hrs - don't wait for the pain to come back.

Not to get too technical but isn't some of this also from rhabdomyolysis (muscle breakdown) from being immobile for a reasonable amount of time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here