Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He may be saying nice words about us, and I don't doubt his sincerity for a minute. However, if he was fit and playing on Sunday he'd still have that nasty edge to him and think nothing of squaring up to any of his old mates.
Yes, petulant at times, but always 100% effort for the team, and that above all else was what I loved about him. The very antithesis of your Ryan Harley types.

Don't DISS the Harley. I've never seen any player lose so many 70:30 tackles in all my time watching the Albion.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Christ I`d have Barnes back like a shot, nearly 50 goals in 160-odd appearances, nearly 1 in 3 games strike rate that none of our main current strikers will barely muster by the end of the season the way they are going, and his contribution to the team far outweighed a lot of our current front players too, he tried 110%, was passionate, got stuck in, tracked back, scored some great goals, yes he`d miss the odd easy chance or throw his toys out the pram a bit too much occasionally but so what, what we gained was far more than what he cost us.

Suffered unfathomable prejudice from some ignorant fans for no good reason, thank god the managers we had, had the job and sense to pick him and not the moaning brigade that has far too loud a voice in the amex and on here even now.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Top lad Barnesy.

Definitely a top lad as you say and was superb for us in the 3rd division scoring 20 goals to help us to promotion, but not good enough for the 2nd division that`s why we let him go. How many goals has he scored for Burnley

Last edited:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Definitely a top lad as you say and was superb for us in the 3rd division scoring 20 goals to help us to promotion, but not good enough for the 2nd division that`s why we let him go. How many goals has he scored for Burnley

Jeeezus. Beginning to think this is more of a comedy windup account than BG. He played 35+ games in the Premier League last season, you ****ing Muppet

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And of course - whenever Barnes' goal scoring record was argued, apparently penalties didn't count. (And he didn't miss many pens)

He scored a cracking penalty against Liverpool at the Amex. Straight into the roof of the net.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
could anyone, maybe one of the detractors, explain seriously what was supposedly bad about Barnes? as i recall the only problem he had (over any other player we've seen at Falmer) was a petulent streak that cost a few free kicks/cards. to say he was average would be an opinion, to say he was shite, i just dont understand.

As well as his petulance he is also missed a lot of chances.

The fact that he was on the end of more chances and scored more goals than 90% of strikers in the country despite playing wide and/or in midfield and putting in a shift defensively didn't register as a good thing with the boo boys.

An extremely valuable player.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Ashley Barnes would walk into our current team. (The one that is joint top of the championship). Nuff said

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I'm the only person to have have him each way (for peanuts) to be Championship top goalscorers @ 100/1.
No'one else had the vision or was as stupid

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here