Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What really GRINDS YOUR GEARS?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Restaurants / pubs that do food ,when the waiter/ waitress brings the meal to your table they then ask " any sauces ? " and then they disappear for five minutes.

Either put out ketchup, mayo, mustard and whatever on the table or ask if you want it when taking the meal order.

Waiting staff that ask if your meal is alright at the exact moment you have got a mouthful of food.

And waiters who reply "awesome" when enquiry about the plate of chips and burger you ordered which you said was ok. It's a plate of chips, if I said anything less than that then you shouldn't be in the ****ing catering trade! It's a plate of chips. Not the bloody entree from final of masterchef. Now **** off and stop pretending like you care. Grrrr...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
And waiters who reply "awesome" when enquiry about the plate of chips and burger you ordered which you said was ok. It's a plate of chips, if I said anything less than that then you shouldn't be in the ****ing catering trade! It's a plate of chips. Not the bloody entree from final of masterchef. Now **** off and stop pretending like you care. Grrrr...

Another thing that annoys me about waiters, about 30 seconds after picking up a menu the waiter asks what you want to order, you tell them you need a few minutes to decide, they will then piss off for 20 minutes:annoyed:

No. 25

Aug 25, 2012
The ever increasing number of footballers that feel the need to cross themselves, point to the heavens, or do that stupid Drogbs-esque hop every time they walk on the pitch/score a goal etc

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
people who critise the ills and stupidity of social media, yet clearly spend so much time there.

smarmy people who get away with being dicks.

my boss.

super markets trolleys needs a sodding pound to release them. espeically when broken.

people on commuter train (especially, though applies to all) that feel they can use a seat for their large bag, and get put out when someone asks to sit there. dont even charge them for the seat, i'd kick them off the fecking train.

people on the tube who rush and push pass only to stand on the escalator. wtf? and of course people who stand on the left on escalators.

journalists who think the money spent on the millenium bug was wasted because nothing bad happened. cretins. do some proper fecking research and understand.

popular media that dumb down an issue, often to the point of making the report inaccurate or outright wrong. you dont understand it? dont think your readers will? dont publish it then, move on. or better, get a journalist that does understand and can convey that understanding.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
I love Australia but I do have an issue with both the 'look, listen' thing and the high rising intonation.
My brother is married to a wonderful Melbourne lass who's accent, oddly, doesn't grate me in the slightest. Maybe it's just a Warne and Clarke dislike.

In Sydney, it appears the word though has been replaced by 'but'.

It's too early to tell if it annoys me or not

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
People saying to waiters or bar staff "Can I get?" Another Americanism spreading :(

All of my colleagues are American, I've picked up plenty of this.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
people who think there were CARAMEL SHOPS

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
People like [MENTION=494]Kosh[/MENTION] who 'sign' all their NSC posts.

What is the point, given that it says your forum name next to the post in any case? There's someone on here who actually manages to make it into a multi-line thing as well, with a load of initials. I can't think of their NSC name though.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yes. See also: people who post in threads simply to tell everyone they have no interest in the topic of the thread.

Extension - people who post on threads solely to point out how shit they think the subject of the thread is (see any WWE/wrestling thread on here).

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
The americanisation of our children. Senior school is now High school, they don't have end if term discos they have Proms with limos and days out at beauty spas to get ready for them, this obsession teenage boys seem to have with the gym, ridiculously overdeveloped arms in a tight Hollister top but skinny everywhere else and all kind if clean cut. They all look slightly bent to me and they all hang out at milkshake or chicken shops. Do what every generation before you has done and find a shitty pub that will serve you.

And the marketing that is directed at parents and kids is ridiculous. I'm only taking the kids I know as an example but days out are solely kid related, it's all about the kids choices, the kids food, the kids toys at the gift shop. Unbelievable. I'm all for quality time with your kids but how parents have fallen for this marketing is boggling.
When I were a pup kid centred days out were for birthdays and Christmas, rest if the year's days out were usually being dragged round some English Heritage site and if we didn't whine too much we might get an ice cream and a pencil sharpener from the gift shop. Maybe one of those weird fluffy things with boggly eyes and sticky feet with a tab coming out of its rear end saying "Bird World".

I can't rememeber the comedians name that said ........."there is no such thing as fun for all the family"

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Driving with your fog lights on when its not foggy... it doesn't make your car look cool!... bellends

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here