Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some hard truths for the UKIP supporters...

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
again, I see no relevance Bushy...what has that got to do with her, leaving the UKIP....advising others to do the same....citing racism within UKIP....or was your gumflapping just derail the question, as usual?
You see no relevance ?? Eight days ago she was on TV defending ukips immigration policy , where she was subsequently accused of 'betraying her skin colour' ( strangely there were no howls of racism from the usual parties),then all of a sudden she denounces ukip as racist, I questioned whether she has been put under pressure by certain people, there is the relevance, you haven't even watched the clip have you ? You're a buffoon.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
'I questioned whether she has been put under pressure by certain people, there is the relevance'

hahahahahahaha

So who would that be Bushy?... Who would persuade her to leave the UKIP, and urge others to do the same, citing the parties direction, particularly concerning racism?
Youre a ****wit.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Heres some people putting 'pressure' on a blogger....

'The chief constable for Cambridgeshire police has admitted it should not have become involved when a Ukip councillor complained about a blogger who tweeted a "fact check" of its policies.

Simon Parr has asked for an internal review into the incident, which has sparked concern over perceived attempts to clamp down on free speech.

"I believe in this instance police attendance was not required and I have asked for our approach to this sort of incident to be reviewed to ensure we do not get involved unless there is clear evidence that an offence may have been committed," said Parr.

Parr's comments followed a visit last weekend by two police officers to Michael Abberton, a Green party member. He said he was asked to delete some of his tweets, in particular a retweet of a faked poster giving 10 reasons to vote for Ukip, including scrapping paid maternity leave and raising income tax for the poorest 88% of Britons.

The police visit was prompted by a complaint from a Ukip councillor who was unhappy about the tweets. Police said they made inquiries "as to whether any offences had been committed under the Representation of the People Act but none were revealed and no further action was taken".

Ukip complained that Abberton was impersonating and misrepresenting the party.

Cambridgeshire police confirmed the visit but said they had not told Abberton to delete tweets.

Abberton, who writes a blog called Axe of Reason, said the two officers were professional and polite, but he did question why they had visited him.

He wrote: "It wasn't until after they left that I questioned why they had visited me in the first place. A complaint had been made but with no legal basis. Not a police matter. So why did they come to my home in the middle of a Saturday afternoon? Also, seeing as my profile doesn't have my location – how did they know my address, or even the town I live in? … Why would a political party, so close to an election, seek to stop people finding out what their policies are or their past voting record? And is it not a matter for concern that a political party would seek to silence dissent and debate in such a manner?"

Politicians and civil liberties groups have expressed surprise at the involvement of the police in the matter.

Julian Huppert, Lib Dem MP for Cambridge, who was contacted by Abberton, said he was awaiting a detailed response from the police. He said: "It seems astonishing for the police to get involved. There was nothing abusive or threatening in the tweets so I do want to know why they acted, and I want to know why the police told Abberton not to tweet about the visit."

Natalie Bennett, leader of the Green party, said: "This police action is both disturbing and surprising. That an apparently general complaint from a political party about not liking what was said about them could have led to a police visit that many would find intimidating is an extremely serious incident that demands immediate investigation. Free speech is a precious right that we must defend."

Shami Chakrabarti, director of Liberty, said: "With all sorts of important ballots pending, the police should learn from this significant gaffe. They should be very slow to become embroiled in political spats and even slower to silence speech without legal authority and clear evidence of serious crime."

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
'I questioned whether she has been put under pressure by certain people, there is the relevance'

hahahahahahaha

So who would that be Bushy?... Who would persuade her to leave the UKIP, and urge others to do the same, citing the parties direction, particularly concerning racism?
Youre a ****wit.
Umm, let me think, just a stab in the dark......................................the sort of people who would accuse her of 'betraying her skin colour' , any comment to make on the person who said that?? You still haven't watched it have you ? You obviously have trouble concentrating for over 30 seconds :lolol:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
"including scrapping paid maternity leave and raising income tax for the poorest 88% of Britons"

So at least I now know where [MENTION=5707]Nibble[/MENTION] got this rubbish information and why he couldn't answer the question I set him about the income tax point ! It was because he was listening to an idiot Green.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
"including scrapping paid maternity leave and raising income tax for the poorest 88% of Britons"

So at least I now know where [MENTION=5707]Nibble[/MENTION] got this rubbish information and why he couldn't answer the question I set him about the income tax point ! It was because he was listening to an idiot Green.

Better send the police around then :smile:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
You go with that Bushy....youre desperate enough. You laughable ****.

You don't think it slight suspicious that's she's been a member of a political party for so long and the moment she publicly fronts the party she's accused of betrayal and so suddenly decides the party is racist ? That would be like Caroline Lucas suddenly announcing that global warming doesn't exist and resigning from the Green Party.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I dont think its suspicious...I find people looking for other reasons, apart from the reasons she has stated suspicious frankly.

The poster girl has gone, citing racism...

The poster boy has gone, for racism...

But, im sure there are other reasons haha...

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Better send the police around then :smile:

The police were investigating a possible breach of The Representation of the People Act - I'd expect them to investigate that regardless of who the complainant was or who had posted the information.

Unless you believe the Police should decide what and who to investigate rather than investigating every possible breach of law that their resources allow ?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The police were investigating a possible breach of The Representation of the People Act - I'd expect them to investigate that regardless of who the complainant was or who had posted the information.

Unless you believe the Police should decide what and who to investigate rather than investigating every possible breach of law that their resources allow ?

The police needed to visit to investigate such a thing?... hmmm ... I dont think so...
The 'crime' was all over the internet. So, why a need for a personal visit, that even senior police officers are questioning?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I suppose it does say something about a party when a list can get published and despite the list being outrageous and full of insane suggestions a lot of folks cannot actually tell if they are real or not.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I suppose it does say something about a party when a list can get published and despite the list being outrageous and full of insane suggestions a lot of folks cannot actually tell if they are real or not.

The problem being that too many people are stupid enough to take whatever is published on the internet as truth without actually checking if it is - such as actually looking at a party's official policies for example as neither yourself nor Dave clearly have.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The problem being that too many people are stupid enough to take whatever is published on the internet as truth without actually checking if it is - such as actually looking at a party's official policies for example as neither yourself nor Dave clearly have.

I take on board about the internet thing. However, a member of my family supports UKIP and I was looking through some of their literature that was sent out. It genuinely is a load of laughable waffle. Mainly focussing on the EU and their desire to depart. They simply don't have any credible views or policies on any other matter. The language they use on the EU matter is just plain childish.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
westdene...

we have been through this before...
Its not a matter of the 'policies'....its a matter of the party being full of racists, but feel free to stay in denial...
Maybe the UKIP poster girl who has just quit, citing racism, hadnt read the policies either.

D

Deleted member 22389

I take on board about the internet thing. However, a member of my family supports UKIP and I was looking through some of their literature that was sent out. It genuinely is a load of laughable waffle. Mainly focussing on the EU and their desire to depart. They simply don't have any credible views or policies on any other matter. The language they use on the EU matter is just plain childish.

Is it thou. A lot of what UKIP gets twisted for example Jan 1st when the working restrictions where lifted for Romania and Bulgaria. Because millions of people didn't turn up that day it doesn't mean everything is OK. It's the total numbers over the year we should be worried about, and that never seems to go down, unless someone can show me otherwise?.

Nobody ever mentions the numbers coming from other EU countries, nobody mentions the number coming from outside the EU, and nobody mentions the numbers that could possibly come here due to illegal immigration in the EU.

As I said in earlier threads, there is a big problem with illegal immigration in the EU as it is, and I just wonder where are all these people are going to go?. Doesn't seem to me the EU has control of this situation. I know what is probably going to happen, each country will have to shoulder some responsibility, but each country only has limited number of jobs and resources. They do this once, they will keep doing it.

Peoples opinions don't count anymore. EU worked before the Euro in my opinion, it doesn't work now because the EU simply has too much power over things like other countries borders. It should be up to each and every single country who they allow in.

Last edited by a moderator:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Spain is a problem..............

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/14/spain-unemployment-economy-recovery-financial-crisis

However, if this is a problem for all of us we are entitled to ask the question....................who exactly broke what "we" now need to fix?

Well, I like this definition...

"With half a decade’s hindsight, it is clear the crisis had multiple causes. The most obvious is the financiers themselves—especially the irrationally exuberant Anglo-Saxon sort, who claimed to have found a way to banish risk when in fact they had simply lost track of it. Central bankers and other regulators also bear blame, for it was they who tolerated this folly. The macroeconomic backdrop was important, too. The “Great Moderation”—years of low inflation and stable growth—fostered complacency and risk-taking. A “savings glut” in Asia pushed down global interest rates. Some research also implicates European banks, which borrowed greedily in American money markets before the crisis and used the funds to buy dodgy securities. All these factors came together to foster a surge of debt in what seemed to have become a less risky world."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here