Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley after Solly

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Local lad learning his trade in the white hot heat of the Prem - surely more patience required?

I think some of our fans forget that he's a young lad we signed from Lewes. He's played very well at times too, not every week, but then our £14m record signing hasn't been brilliant every week either.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Form is temporary. You could also say that about a few of our players current form.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

OK true, I shall rephrase, on this seasons form (5 months) and the inability to take players on anymore, and put decent crosses in the box, (for our super strikers (Oh hang on thats another thread))......

I would drive him up there.

And as for the rest, yes I agree I would hire a minibus and drive them up there too, even if Burnley didnt want them.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
OK true, I shall rephrase, on this seasons form (5 months) and the inability to take players on anymore, and put decent crosses in the box, (for our super strikers (Oh hang on thats another thread))......

I would drive him up there.

And as for the rest, yes I agree I would hire a minibus and drive them up there too, even if Burnley didnt want them.
As good as he was last year, the problem has always been with his end product and discussion making. There is a good player in there somewhere.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
As good as he was last year, the problem has always been with his end product and discussion making. There is a good player in there somewhere.

I agree, I scream at him sometimes just take them on, the defender might beat you 5 times out of 6, but that ONE time you beat him could make all the difference.

Try the inside of the defender, try the outside, make the defender not know what you will do next.

He has no confidence anymore, I wonder if this has been beaten out of him and replaced with remember your first job is to defend.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I agree, I scream at him sometimes just take them on, the defender might beat you 5 times out of 6, but that ONE time you beat him could make all the difference.

Try the inside of the defender, try the outside, make the defender not know what you will do next.

He has no confidence anymore, I wonder if this has been beaten out of him and replaced with remember your first job is to defend.

Every time Knockaert takes someone on but loses it there's collective groans though. If they fail in their action, whether its a pass, cross or dribble, the reaction is negative. We just want them to do well. If we could keep our traps shut every time it doesn't come off perhaps it wouldn't dent their confidence as much but appreciate it's difficult as people are desperate for us to do well.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Every time Knockaert takes someone on but loses it there's collective groans though. If they fail in their action, whether its a pass, cross or dribble, the reaction is negative. We just want them to do well. If we could keep our traps shut every time it doesn't come off perhaps it wouldn't dent their confidence as much but appreciate it's difficult as people are desperate for us to do well.

The problem with Knocky, is at the moment he losing the ball all the time. He lost the ball last season, but never gave up trying, this season him and Solly have given up trying.

If a groan honestly dents their confidence they should take up another living, whats the matter with them, fecking hell get over themselves and do the job you know you can do, because we have all seen you do it before.

NEVER give up.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Solly would be the last player I’d let go.

You have to remember he is a young man and as such his form will dip. But I’m convinced he will be a premier league player for years to come and show more consistency in future.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
With Sidwell apparently out for the rest of the season, effectively we are at the absolute minimum right now.

Not really. Sidwell is in the squad so still counts, whether he plays or not. However, he is of course taking up the place of someone in the squad who could do something on the pitch (much like Skalak is without the excuse of an injury!!).

As for Solly being tempted, it is irrelevant whether Burnley are in the premier league or not. If he wants to play he has to consider whether he will be playing or forever on the bench?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Solly would be the last player I’d let go.

You have to remember he is a young man and as such his form will dip. But I’m convinced he will be a premier league player for years to come and show more consistency in future.

Yes, he is very poor at the moment, but he will come again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

He'd be shit on here then.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here