Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley after Solly

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Shame if true, Solly was our best player along with Gross early on this season, until mysteriously left out. Since then, he has declined somewhat - wonder how much Dyche thinks he is worth? £12M??

Shame if true?

He has not gone anywhere yet.

Other than fringe players who may want first team football, we do not need to sell anyone. Unless silly money is offered (ie 50,000,000 for Dunk.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Whilst I am 50/50 should a decent offer come in, with regards to our current predicament we require performances, and not be a nursery for someone to learn their trade.

You can't have it both ways. If you invest in an Academy and fill it with decent young talent then you have to be prepared to nurse one or two rookies through. By rights Knocky and Izquierdo should be delivering the performances and March should be supersub, we shouldn't expect too much of him in the first season.

However, if asked the question which one of them is most likely to succeed in the Prem I'd say right now they're all on a par. I really wouldn't want to be losing him as I fancy he'll be a better player in 2018/19 for this experience.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
According to NSC despite this already happening is in fact impossible so fear not!

That would be a great move for March and Burnley though, a side that will let him attack more and are much better equipped to allow him to play an attacking game than us. The only losers in this deal would be BHA.

Have you seen Burnley play under Dyche ? Burnley make us look like Man City.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
There is no chance of this happening, complete non-story.

Was our best player when he came on Saturday too.

Really? Baldock changed the dynamic on Saturday, not Solly. His corners were dreadful too. He wasn't the worst but not the best. My opinion.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He did make a difference and we looked a lot livelier with him on the field. Solly just shaded it for me. I think both should start on Saturday.

All down to opinions Baldock to start yes March to start I am not sure perhaps instead of Knockaert and leave Iziquierdo to run at the Chelsea defence.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
£20m + Vokes

Then I'd talk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would be "interesting" if the albion reduced the number of Home Grown Players in the squad to the absolute minimum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here