Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guess the 'real' crowd?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Anyone watching on TV (or a dodgy stream) is always going to have a poorer opinion of the crowd as:

a) The camera position makes the often-empty areas seem very prominent
b) You can't see any of the West Stand, which must be c15,000 seats and generally very well populated.
Bozza you're starting to sound like a club mouth piece along with your amplifying social activity highlighting Barbers million word dullard spin to justify the garbage we are paying for. Would be a tragedy if nsc was to lose its impartiality from the club considering the role it played in the dark days. Be careful.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I always said when teh Amex was built that we would level out at around 18k a game once the buzz, novelty and form of teh team dropped off This is now happening and the plastics who have other PL teams are starting to stay away. Apart from less money into the club i'm glad they are not botthering Feck off back to Chelsea etc. We need the hardcore now to get behind the team and make the Amex a hostile environment for visiting sides.

What complete bollox. The vast majority of revenue is generated by ticket sales. Until such time as said plastics are preventing true fans from attending them let them in and bring more.

The so called 'hard core' might be enough to support a club like Exeter or Fleetwood but if we're to have any ambition we need as much footfall as we can get

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bozza you're starting to sound like a club mouth piece along with your amplifying social activity highlighting Barbers million word dullard spin to justify the garbage we are paying for. Would be a tragedy if nsc was to lose its impartiality from the club considering the role it played in the dark days. Be careful.

What on earth are you talking about? As I've already said in this very thread - I'm not making any attempt to talk down non-attendance - it's clear to see to those who actually do go to games. All I was commenting on was that for those watching on TV (or similar) the crowd always looks smaller than it is due to the main West Stand camera positioning. @hitony lives in Wales so I assumed he was watching a stream today.

NSC's Twitter and Facebook activity has only one aim: bring traffic to NSC to help earn revenues to support the site. That is done in two ways, generally - highlight 'important' posts - and writings from the CEO count as that, IMO and, secondly, to highlight threads that are receiving high volumes of posts.

Do NSC's last four tweets really suggest an attempt to be a 'club mouth piece'?

Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 20.16.45.png

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
What complete bollox. The vast majority of revenue is generated by ticket sales. Until such time as said plastics are preventing true fans from attending them let them in and bring more.

The so called 'hard core' might be enough to support a club like Exeter or Fleetwood but if we're to have any ambition we need as much footfall as we can get
you have to take the rough with the smooth and man up when things are not going well otherwise we are just reinforcing the stereotype image other clubs fans give us that we are a bunch of Henry come latelys.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
you have to take the rough with the smooth and man up when things are not going well otherwise we are just reinforcing the stereotype image other clubs fans give us that we are a bunch of Henry come latelys.

What's more important? What other clubs fans think of our fans, or how much revenue we can generate? I reckon I know what TB might say

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
What on earth are you talking about? As I've already said in this very thread - I'm not making any attempt to talk down non-attendance - it's clear to see to those who actually do go to games. All I was commenting on was that for those watching on TV (or similar) the crowd always looks smaller than it is due to the main West Stand camera positioning. [MENTION=3649]hitony[/MENTION] lives in Wales so I assumed he was watching a stream today.

NSC's Twitter and Facebook activity has only one aim: bring traffic to NSC to help earn revenues to support the site. That is done in two ways, generally - highlight 'important' posts - and writings from the CEO count as that, IMO and, secondly, to highlight threads that are receiving high volumes of posts.

Do NSC's last four tweets really suggest an attempt to be a 'club mouth piece[ / QUOTE ]

I havent seen your last tweets but Barbers dulllard essays were highlighted by you with what felt like biased undertones that we should get on board and all was rosey and we are in good hands. You said dont judge the crowd on a stream where anyone in the ground today would struggle to say there were more than 20k there today. Id go 18.

Nsc is famous for being the good and impartial voice of the support of this club and I worry when recently ive heard Barber has been in touch with you personally to knock out his propaganda.

Its plain to see across the board that the management have ****ed up as displayed by the dross of a squad we've got and our league position off the back of two play offs and apparently the same playing budget.

Last edited:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
My comment was nothing more than an innocent comment of what I guesstamated the crowd to be, The thread title being thereason I guessed, I do live in Wales and I was watching a TV Stream, a very good one as well (thank you to those who put the link up :thumbsup: ) as was pretty much everyone else who was on NSC in the Matchday Thread while the game was being played.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Interesting thread and discussion.

It's sad we can't compare previous Goldstone attendances with those at the AMEX now. But most clubs do it now. Personally wish they were forced to announce the proper attendance even if they still release ticket sales as well.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Do you remember at the goldstone there was always the rumour that the gates were understated for " tax " reasons

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Family Stand is much more sparsely populated this season (so far) compared to last. I could almost choose my seat in E1A. In fact, I did. However, today's game was a bit busier than usual, I would say.

Dec 3, 2012
The club is starting to get back to the core support numbers again now. Inevitable really. It's not a club that's going to pull in 25k every week regardless of league position. Much more realistic long term attendance numbers now

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
He's a steward so would know the correct figure.

Remember it's half term holiday so that may have a bearing on the gaps from season ticket holders.

Thanks I guessed he was being accurate given the precise figure given.

True enough, but 5,000 supporters less than tickets sold? That's more than a little concerning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here