Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Your Scottish Club and why?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I'm not confused. Your post made sense.

Some people are not stuck in the bigoted intransigent trench on football / sectarianism.

My repost had nothing to do with sectarianism or football bigotry but do you not think it a tad odd to swing between the two extremes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Always liked St Mirren, then i found out they played on Love Street and being a Doors fan i thought this was cool. Then my flatmate worked with a fan who gave me a mug so i was hooked.

Also went to see Rangers play Juve in the 90's. Had a ball with the Buckfast and the Billy Boys. So i have affection for them too.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Why would I even bother absolutely no interest in that joke league.

Thank you for opening this thread about something that you have no interest in to tell us that you have no interest in.

If we cared about your interest or lack thereof in this thread or Scottish football. We could have inferred it from your lack of posting on the thread.

But thanks for confirming it.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
ABC - Anyone But Celtic

Don’t know why, but I’ve always disliked them...

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Celtic to a lesser extent Hibs, I used like the Rangers team of the 90's who beat Leeds in Europe, they had some good players in the 90's with Butcher, Woods and Gazza. SPL is such a shit league though feel for teams like Aberdeen they really must hate the old firm with a passion.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Hibs. Purely down to Irvine Welsh’s trainspotting lads Rents, Sickboy, Tommy, Spud, Begbie.

I’ve even developed an irrational vicarious dislike of Jambos.

Also always fun to look out for East Fife vs Forfar in the hope of a 9 goal thriller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Great thread.

I've always looked out for Brechin City's results since first school, due to just to seeing their name.

I've always fancied going up there to see their ground which has a 'listed' hedge running down one side with folklore of Robert The Bruce hiding in it from us English.

Come on The Hedgemen!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Great thread.

I've always looked out for Brechin City's results since first school, due to just to seeing their name.

I've always fancied going up there to see their ground which has a 'listed' hedge running down one side with folklore of Robert The Bruce hiding in it from us English.

Come on The Hedgemen!

Same here - when I was at school, Brechin had the enviable title of having the worst record in Scottish football. They had never finished higher than something like sixth in the lowest division. Soon after we started following them we joined the supporters club and bought a scarf each. Obviously this huge financial input had benefits, as they then won the bottom division title in 1983. They have since yo-yoed around, culminating in last year's fabulous achievement of being the first club in Scottish history to go a whole season without a win!

Yes, the hedge is a great feature - and they also did proper hot Bovril when we went to watch them. Loads of bars in the 'City', but all with only one or two people in them!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
14 pages of NSC fans with a soft spot for a Scottish team, genuinely shocked.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Dundee United. Broke the Old Firm hegemony back in the 80s, at least for a couple of seasons, and beat Barcelona on their own patch. Epic run to the UEFA Cup final in '84. None of those things will happen again but what can you do?

And, of course, the mighty East Stirlingshire. Out of the league at the moment but destined to conquer the world. Probably.

and the famous trevor mcdonald incident on the news when he mentioned them winning at "tannadeechie" sic :lolol:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Kilmarnock, played on Fifa 06 career mode with them, always looked out for their results since

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Football season restarted in Scotland today, QoS won 4-0 with a double from Stephen Dobbie

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here