Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goldson - Rangers [CONFIRMED]

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I don't like any Brighton player deciding he wants to be a Hun. Murphy's ancestors will be turning in their graves.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'm struggling to value him. Is asking for anything over £2 million too greedy ?

With wages for non-playing time, the investment in Connor Goldson in must be about £2.3 million, Rangers should have started out at that figure?

The cost of a replacement is more likely to be in excess of the £4.6 million paid for Duffy.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Tweets

Andy Naylor

[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus
16m16 minutes ago
More
My Bank Holiday will include speaking to a Glasgow Rangers central defender. #bhafc

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Tweets

Andy Naylor

[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus
16m16 minutes ago
More
My Bank Holiday will include speaking to a Glasgow Rangers central defender. #bhafc
Hopefully just shit-stirring, ala the Dean Hammond thing.

Russell Martin is at Rangers I think, and he's local - maybe its him that Naylor is talking to.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
With wages for non-playing time, the investment in Connor Goldson in must be about £2.3 million, Rangers should have started out at that figure?

The cost of a replacement is more likely to be in excess of the £4.6 million paid for Duffy.

Balogun is naturally right footed like Goldson and expected to provide cover/competition to Duffy. This means we’ve signed Goldson’s potential replacement for free. Hopefully any deal for Goldson will be a loan deal to give him game time as I still believe he’s got a lot to offer.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Loan would be good, hope we've not sold him cheap even if a big sell on clause.

The health issues must be a risk for any club to spend big on him so I'd have thought the best value is in us keeping him on our books for now till he's played regularly somewhere.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Balogun is naturally right footed like Goldson and expected to provide cover/competition to Duffy. This means we’ve signed Goldson’s potential replacement for free. Hopefully any deal for Goldson will be a loan deal to give him game time as I still believe he’s got a lot to offer.

Loan would be good, hope we've not sold him cheap even if a big sell on clause.

The health issues must be a risk for any club to spend big on him so I'd have thought the best value is in us keeping him on our books for now till he's played regularly somewhere.
Yes please, a loan for me every day of the week. Don't want to lose him.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
So Naylors most recent tweet was about speaking to Russell Martin and the previous one obviously on the champions league final.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Shame Martin can’t keep his nose out of Albion’s business and a shame he didn’t play for us, his home club, rather than Norwich.
I see that his acadamy is being based on a new g3 pitch in Hove Park - another local facility lost to local kids’ football practice. Although it says it will also be available to the community, I await to find out the fees that they will charge for it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Goldson is gone, just a case of getting the price right.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Feels like this is related to Baldock/Moore deal. We land him for cash plus Baldock and that releases Goldson to Rangers. A little cash for Connor and two wages off the books to mitigate a bit of Moore's salary.

And potentially losing 2 home-grown players (to go with Rosenior, Sidwell and possibly Krul) and replacing with one. We will certainly need to do some HGP recruitment over the next couple of months...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here