Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] bus driver refuses ticket, is that right?

Mr Albion

Nov 7, 2003
brighton
sorry if fixtures.
match ticket says travel included but bus driver refused to accept it, said not for cup game,
shirley this is wrong?
anyone?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Probably the bearded **** on the 25 who put his alarms on when we argued the toss over it a couple of years back. Loads of tooing and throwing with emails about his attitude and his erratic breaking to try and get the standing passengers falling over. Complete bellend but his company supported him. Just gave up in the end. The bus companies are gutless.

99% of their drivers are great btw.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Probably the bearded **** on the 25 who put his alarms on when we argued the toss over it a couple of years back. Loads of tooing and throwing with emails about his attitude and his erratic breaking to try and get the standing passengers falling over. Complete bellend but his company supported him. Just gave up in the end. The bus companies are gutless.

99% of their drivers are great btw.

I’ve had issues with this driver as well. Refused to accept that a print at home ticket included travel on Brighton Buses. Also he once refused to pull away from a bus stop when someone accidentally pressed the bell to get off and nobody got off. He turned his engine off and just refused to drive any further till someone got off. After a few minutes he gave up and drove on. Complete Numpty.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Yeah definitely wrong. Clearly stated there is a levy of 4.00 included in the price of a ticket (well, on mine anyhow)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ve had issues with this driver as well. Refused to accept that a print at home ticket included travel on Brighton Buses. Also he once refused to pull away from a bus stop when someone accidentally pressed the bell to get off and nobody got off. He turned his engine off and just refused to drive any further till someone got off. After a few minutes he gave up and drove on. Complete Numpty.
Sounds like our man. He roared into the stop at St Peters and was waving furiously at my wife to stand further back from the curb so she wasn’t hit by the wing mirror. So one hand on the wheel, driving too fast when he could have just slowed down and then had a quiet word. I had to pull her towards the shelter or her head would have been caved in. When we remonstrated he put the alarms on for the first of three times that day. How I didn’t lump him I still can’t believe.

Another thing he did was tell us that Tunbridge Wells passengers had priority boarding and we as football fans had other buses we could get. There was no one going to TW as it happened but that got raised in the emails.
****ing priority for non football fans...... **** he was and sounds like he’s still around.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The driver of the 12A queried our tickets and said it should be a card. We said it was a cup game, so we're using paper tickets. He then shrugged his shoulders and let us on.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Another thing he did was tell us that Tunbridge Wells passengers had priority boarding and we as football fans had other buses we could get.

Presuming this is the number 28/29 it is a bus my Daughter catches home from work. It is frustrating that she wants to go beyond Lewes but cant get on the bus because fans want to travel a few miles. Just saying, that's all.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Presuming this is the number 28/29 it is a bus my Daughter catches home from work. It is frustrating that she wants to go beyond Lewes but cant get on the bus because fans want to travel a few miles. Just saying, that's all.

So you want her to have priority boarding then. OK. Maybe if she has a glass of wine with a friend in a nearby bar after work she can go to the ‘speedy serve lane’ if there are football fans in there. Is this on Saturdays or midweek games IRTGT ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here