Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] UEFA has threatened to disqualify England and Russia from Euro 2016

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
So throwing a bottle back at someone is the same as trying to kill an innocent stranger because he is not of your country,glad thats clear then:ffsparr:

well i think you may be delving a little deeper than is needed, we have no evidence that the russians were carrying out human cleansing. We actually have not real evidence in what the either group were trying to acheive.

Only the Police's intentions seems to have been discussed.

My point is that both nations are very much 'in the wrong' regardless of their reasoning.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
For those who weren't there and whose prejudice is jaw-droppingly naive, read the article at the bottom.

Oh, and this:

Incredible.

Russian thugs attack Eng fans.

French gangs attack Eng fans.

French police cage and tear gas Eng fans.

(granted Eng fans did fight back in a futile attempt to defend themselves-this after Russians, in league with French gangs, attacked one man with an axe and stoved in another's head with a chair leg).

Russian hooligans, inside a stadium under terrorist threat based, state of emergency measures (as in no police, useless stewarding) manage to smuggle in and fire flare guns and fireworks, trample French women and children to get at England fans and beat up a man in a wheelchair.

The 99% of law abiding normal people who just like to watch their team, maybe sing a song, sit in the sun with a beer etc (which fans from ALL countries do BTW) get the blame.

If the Scots dress in colourful military outfits and belt out how much they hate the English, they get a chuckle and a wave. If the Irish get steaming drunk and dance a little jig in the street or have a sing song they are perceived to be amiable lads enjoying the 'craik'. Germans singing "Football's Coming Home" the list goes on. All countries have variants of this theme. It happens everywhere with every team's supporters. Yet Alan Shearer and Gary Linkeker feel the need to issue their views on how 'disgusting' England fans are.

In Nice , there were violent incidents involving Northern Irish and Polish fans, it kicked off in Lille between Ukrainian and German fans today.

After all this, what do UEFA do? Threaten expulsion of the England team.

The end result?
(A prediction i hope i'm wrong about)

Uefa have basically issued an invitation to hate-filled thugs from other nations to provoke one more incident against innocent England fans which some in the media will once again misrepresent. Cue: people getting badly hurt (or worse?) and the expulsion of England from the tournament.

I really hope i'm wrong, but for us England fans who do obey the law, loath violence, enjoy sampling other cultures and befriending fellow football lovers from all over the world, have saved and spent hard earned dosh to watch, let's be honest some terrible England performances, this is the ultimate kick in the teeth. Maybe those Russian 'Ultras' who prepared their murder attempts in Marseille by donning balaclavas and gum shields could lend me theirs while Uefa deliver, what looks increasingly like a vengeful coup de grace.

I hope i'm wrong.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...tooled-up-russian-fans?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

I'm sure this is all largely right............but I hate seeing these crowds of England supporters effectively taking over town squares, being abusive to the locals, singing song, like "Fifty German Bombers" - its nothing like the irish having a few singsongs, its offensive and unnecessary and its not surprising the locals fight them back. Imagine that in reverse, gangs of Russians taking over our city centres and hurling abuse at anyone that goes near, our thugs wouldn't stand idly by either. The whole lot of them on all sides are idiots, but by acting as invaders, not as guests, our idiots seem to have bitten off more than they can chew, and got a whole lot of innocent England fans caught up in it as well.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Ah, that old faithful, the racist card , English bloke objects to foreigner denigrating English people and specifically stating ''its at times like this I'm glad i'm from the Solomon Islands '', and I'm racist for advising you to f*ck off back there :wanker:

So you're claiming that telling anyone from another country to **** off home, is not a classic racist and inflammatory comment? Come on! You're a total joker.

I (perhaps) merely clamined to be proud of my roots, and as an aside that I'm glad I'm not directly associated with English football fans behaving like idiots. That is clearly not a racist comment. Just an aversion to yob culture no matter the creed of those involved.

You on the other hand have disrespected my ancestral Island nation and me; a proud UK resident.

I wonder if your loved ones and employer would consider it a wise move to tell people if an alternate ethinisity to **** off home.

These kind of 'hard *******' comments can come back to haunt bigoted people who hide behind internet persona's, with easily available IP addresses.

That said, you've more than proved my point. By this I mean how we as fans get on the offensive straight away, chucking chairs, and broken bottles, even dare I say stupid racist comments... Sigh... This instead of running and hiding from harm. It takes two to tango, I just hope and pray this does not turn into a dance of death.

A truly horrendous and embarrassing moment for England and yes - Russia in general.

Sent from my bone phone 5 on the last remaining Solomon cannibal island of yore.

Kosh

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm sure this is all largely right............but I hate seeing these crowds of England supporters effectively taking over town squares, being abusive to the locals, singing song, like "Fifty German Bombers" - its nothing like the irish having a few singsongs, its offensive and unnecessary and its not surprising the locals fight them back. Imagine that in reverse, gangs of Russians taking over our city centres and hurling abuse at anyone that goes near, our thugs wouldn't stand idly by either. The whole lot of them on all sides are idiots, but by acting as invaders, not as guests, our idiots seem to have bitten off more than they can chew, and got a whole lot of innocent England fans caught up in it as well.

Like the Rangers fans that took over and trashed Manchester you mean?

Or the Scotland fans that took over London pissing in fountains?

It's a football thing not an England thing

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
It seems pretty clear to me....We have some morons willing to get drunk,abuse bystanders and attack locals/other supporters....However it does seem the Russians are in another league when it comes to organised thuggery.
However those only willing to accept the Russians are the only ones to blame are clearly wrong...Our thugs were trashing places before the game. I believe it was only during/after game Russians attacked us.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It seems pretty clear to me....We have some morons willing to get drunk,abuse bystanders and attack locals/other supporters....However it does seem the Russians are in another league when it comes to organised thuggery.
However those only willing to accept the Russians are the only ones to blame are clearly wrong...Our thugs were trashing places before the game. I believe it was only during/after game Russians attacked us.

Spot on.

I suspect a new generation of bored yobs has risen from the ashes of the thugs banned from travelling to games. Rises and falls, it is the way on any tide: upon the seas, likewise for tides of trash too.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Think you will find the police did their best to help smash up places by firing tear gas and baton rounds at any pub with England fans in.

I walked round the port yesterday and all those bars plastered in the papers were open and not 'smashed up'

Do you have proof of English attacking locals?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I can't get my head around the French tactics.

Seems to me like police tactics since time immemorial, and not that far off what many on here have been advocating i.e. put both sets of hoolies in a quarry and let them slog it out. Police just doing the equivalent of hiding round the corner, letting the two sides slug it out, then picking up/off the survivors. Was always standard police practice in Glasgow. Probably in most other places also. Simple tap-in. Face it, if you've been goading and taunting the police and waving your beer bellies in their face for three days running and generally taking over the town centre like an occupying force of c*nts, the police are hardly going to be overly-inclined to come running to your rescue when things get a bit real for your liking. Damn shame for the innocent fans caught up in the middle obviously. But their hoolie fellow countrymen share a very large part of the blame for that.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Guy from work was there. He wouldn't say boo to a goose - He was tear gassed twice when sitting drinking with other England fans.

No trouble going on. Throughout the two days they were chased out of bars and restaurants by French gangs, Russian gangs and the Police.

He knows that there was some trouble by England fans but saw so much more by others. He was amazed by the backlash England have got from it. Our own media and happy to turn solely on us for the headlines

edit: In addition he states that none of them were searched at all (not even bags) as they entered the stadium or the surrounding areas. There is a very real danger of something going very seriously wrong at this tournament

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've got to say as someone who has travelled to tournaments before I would have given England vs. Russia in Marseille a miss, and I speak as someone who attended England v Germany in Charleroi, 2000.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Seems to me like police tactics since time immemorial, and not that far off what many on here have been advocating i.e. put both sets of hoolies in a quarry and let them slog it out. Police just doing the equivalent of hiding round the corner, letting the two sides slug it out, then picking up/off the survivors. Was always standard police practice in Glasgow. Probably in most other places also. Simple tap-in. Face it, if you've been goading and taunting the police and waving your beer bellies in their face for three days running and generally taking over the town like an occupying force of c*nts, they're hardly going to be overly-inclined to come running to your rescue when things get a bit real for your liking. Damn shame for the innocent fans caught up in the middle obviously. But their hoolie fellow countrymen share a very large part of the blame for that.

Again, spot on.

In my opinion.

Some took issue with my majority comment, for this I apologise. However a majority can be a 51 - 49 split... You know; I'm not too sure that's too unbelivable... is it?

This has been planned for and got.

Innocent people caught up in the middle is awful, but seemingly inevitable given the strength in numbers of the hooligans - on both sides. You've got the real deal, the two pinters and I'm in faction, the kill or be killed brigade... Whom actively run into the melee. Some numbers there! All this before you get to the real football fans/people trying to run and hide. Poor buggers.

Last edited:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Again, spot on.

In my opinion.

Some took issue with my majority comment, for this I apologise. However a majority can be a 51 - 49 split... You know; I'm not too sure that's too unbelivable... is it?

Innocent people caught up in the middle is awful, but seemingly inevitable given the strength in numbers of the hooligans - on both sides.

Whats inevitable about a leading European nation unable to prepare and execute appropriate action towards innocent and guilty football fans irrespective of their nationality.

Its not inevitable its outrageous and wholly unjustifiable for the police not to police in a proportionate and fair way, why would you have a starting position that ranks the professionalism of the french police so low and then lend it your support and shifting the blame and consequences to the many thousands of innocent football fans that have been encouraged to spend money to support this tournament.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Like the Rangers fans that took over and trashed Manchester you mean?

Or the Scotland fans that took over London pissing in fountains?

It's a football thing not an England thing

British football thing maybe. But I don't buy that its universal, most people go to games in other countries as guests - that was experience of Euro 96 - but when overseas a large number of our lot behave abhorrently. I'm not saying they deserve what has happened to them in Marseille, but you can see why it has happened to them.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Whats inevitable about a leading European nation unable to prepare and execute appropriate action towards innocent and guilty football fans irrespective of their nationality.

Its not inevitable its outrageous and wholly unjustifiable for the police not to police in a proportionate and fair way, why would you have a starting position that ranks the professionalism of the french police so low and then lend it your support and shifting the blame and consequences to the many thousands of innocent football fans that have been encouraged to spend money to support this tournament.

Well put, but it is not an easy situation to police in an even handed manner is it?

I feel for the police, I feel for the fans, but I have no sympathy for beered up idiots trashing local tourist spots. Neither, seemingly, do the French.

I might be wrong but... I'm having trouble believing the "there I was, soaking up the atmos with Bazza, Biffa and Dave 'the daddy' Bosher as we peacefully sipped our third glasses of chateau le mort, when a tear gas shell exploded two foot from our faces..." Story.

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Again, spot on.

In my opinion.

Innocent people caught up in the middle is awful, but seemingly inevitable given the strength in numbers of the hooligans - on both sides. You've got the real deal, the two pinters and I'm in faction, the kill or be killed brigade... Whom actively run into the melee. Some numbers there! All this before you get to the real football fans/people trying to run and hide. Poor buggers.

So 51% of the England fans in Marseille were causing trouble?

The estimates from the police are 150 Russians and far fewer English actually involved in causing it.

So basically, you're completely wrong and it doesn't look as if you've even tried to look at the facts.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Well put, but it is not an easy situation to police in an even handed manner is it?

I feel for the police, I feel for the fans, but I have no sympathy for beered up idiots trashing local tourist spots. Neither, seemingly, do the French.

I might be wrong but... I'm having trouble believing the "there I was, soaking up the atmos with Bazza, Biffa and Dave 'the daddy' Bosher as we peacefully sipped our third glasses of chateau le mort, when a tear gas shell exploded two foot from our faces..." Story.

A lot of it is due to the history of English fans when they were very obviously not sitting there having a quiet beer with Bif, Baz and Bosh.

Now there have been several cases where people want to attack the English so that they can take the crown as the most revered hooligans. It doesn't matter if it is a group of women and children, these gangs can claim that they chased 'the English' out of town

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
the cynic in me says that weds/thurs will pass off without any trouble under the treat of expulsion.

If any troubles do occur then full investigation should take place with the swift action taken. Based on the 'facts and figures' being banded around on here and also in the press it should be very easy for authorities to get a clear picture and take the necessary steps to ban whichever nations fans are causing such ridiculous scenes

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here