Votes: 31 24.2%
  • No - it's just not worth the risk

Votes: 97 75.8%

• Total voters

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We went about 6 or 7 years ago and stayed in the hotel where it happened today. Didn't really like the people too overpowering in the tourist areas with their constant asda price. Too many better places to go.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We went about 6 or 7 years ago and stayed in the hotel where it happened today. Didn't really like the people too overpowering in the tourist areas with their constant asda price. Too many better places to go.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
I did once about 16 years ago...
...never again.
I'm sorry but while I was there I never meet one nice Arab.
All they were interested in was parting us from our money.
I know you shouldn't generalize but I went to extraordinary lengths to speak to as many of the locals as I possibly could.
I was a bit of an idealist and thought I could find one that I could befriend and stay in touch with. Boy was I wrong.

I have to say that I have met and worked with a number of decent ones since in this country but for some reason in Tunisia.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
I did once about 16 years ago...
...never again.
I'm sorry but while I was there I never meet one nice Arab.
All they were interested in was parting us from our money.
I know you shouldn't generalize but I went to extraordinary lengths to speak to as many of the locals as I possibly could.
I was a bit of an idealist and thought I could find one that I could befriend and stay in touch with. Boy was I wrong.

I have to say that I have met and worked with a number of decent ones since in this country but for some reason in Tunisia.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I went in the 80's, it was ok but I got semi threatened with a knife for not wanting to buy an item from a market stall after a bit of haggling.
It was small, more like a dagger, I just walk off down the road keeping a watchful eye over my shoulder.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I went in the 80's, it was ok but I got semi threatened with a knife for not wanting to buy an item from a market stall after a bit of haggling.
It was small, more like a dagger, I just walk off down the road keeping a watchful eye over my shoulder.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Went there last year nice hotel but
The whole place is a toilet - flies, people trying to scam you, dust, people trying to scam you, poo in the streets, people trying to scam you, hassle hassle hassle .....etc

Been to many many countries but Tunisia was hard work. Harder than Egypt by a mile. And that is saying something.

And absolutely jack shite worth seeing.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
The whole place is a toilet - flies, people trying to scam you, dust, people trying to scam you, poo in the streets, people trying to scam you, hassle hassle hassle .....etc

Been to many many countries but Tunisia was hard work. Harder than Egypt by a mile. And that is saying something.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

Sounds similar to Morocco , although there was a fair bit to see and genuinely a life changing experience , i was fortunate enough to have a stunning girl freind at that time and although she covered up as advised in public the amount of sheer hassle and groping was totally un -forseen , it really showed Moroccan's up to be rather medieval in thinking although as i said it was, on the whole a very interesting place but ruined by it's inhabitants .

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

Sounds similar to Morocco , although there was a fair bit to see and genuinely a life changing experience , i was fortunate enough to have a stunning girl freind at that time and although she covered up as advised in public the amount of sheer hassle and groping was totally un -forseen , it really showed Moroccan's up to be rather medieval in thinking although as i said it was, on the whole a very interesting place but ruined by it's inhabitants .

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Tourism is so important to those people who are the vast majority of good honest hardworking Tunisians I would now expect security will be super tight I would go

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Tourism is so important to those people who are the vast majority of good honest hardworking Tunisians I would now expect security will be super tight I would go

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here