Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Chris hughton unsackable this season !!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
He said at the Fan Forum that he didn't get over it for weeks after the end of the season and it tainted the success of last year.

It did taint the success.
Did he have anything to say about the reasons for the 'blow -up?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If you had been around in 1979 like some of us you'd have known that hardly anyone apart from those in the seats had season tickets

Ha! I had a season ticket in 1979/80 in the West Stand Ernie. Can't blame you for thinking I look such a young chap despite my advancing years though !

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
. His entire demeanour around the Man City game was almost embarrassing in its fawning dialogue and forelock tugging to 'them qualities'. ...he has to drag something out of himself and the team that probably hasn't happened thus far in his career.

.. so defeatist ...

This Hughton isn't up to it stuff is astonishing after 2 games. but Fine. Opinions. But never had to do this in his career before ? ??
what about at Newcastle and Norwich ?

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
The minute it looks like we are more likely to go down then stay up. He will be sacked. That's top flight premier league football. No room for sentiment.
We are not some shit midlands club owned by a consortium in the far east. The owner is a lifelong fan who had put his own money in and has a proper head on his shoulders. If we get relegated even finishing bottom I still expect (and hope) that Chris will still be around for attempting the return

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
We are not some shit midlands club owned by a consortium in the far east. The owner is a lifelong fan who had put his own money in and has a proper head on his shoulders. If we get relegated even finishing bottom I still expect (and hope) that Chris will still be around for attempting the return

Not a chance. He will have a brief like all managers and has spent large already. If we are bottom 2 at Xmas he will be gone. No doubt about it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The more I think about it the more it seems that if we were to be relegated sentiment wouldnt come into it and CH would either walk away or move upstairs , which is what he has taken a degree course in.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Not a chance. He will have a brief like all managers and has spent large already. If we are bottom 2 at Xmas he will be gone. No doubt about it.

I think it would depend how far away we are at Xmas. If it's a point or two, you'd expect him to keep his job. If we're 10 points off 17th, I'd expect him to lose his job. And the reality is he would deserve to.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I don't think anything untoward is likely to happen any time soon but I would imagine that, whilst TB is a more than likeable and fair man, and given that he has invested a somewhat eye watering sum into the football club, he would not be totally sentiment driven and would look beyond re-promotion ( if that is a word in the Oxford Dictionary ) but also to a potential further PL campaign.
Hypothetically, if the club was to be relegated at the end of this season, I am sure that TB would consider all circumstances with a view to regaining PL status ASAP so, IMHO, nothing can ever be taken for granted.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
He's not unsackable. But it would be pretty bad for him to get sacked, and I doubt it will get to that sort of stage this season.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No-one is unsackable. Although, that said, I supect he will see the season out and beyond if we go down.

But, his touchline antics could be a factor in any decision. Remember last season ?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
The more I think about it the more it seems that if we were to be relegated sentiment wouldnt come into it and CH would either walk away or move upstairs , which is what he has taken a degree course in.

You can do a degree course in walking upstairs?!? What's the Masters in? Climbing back down?!? It's no wonder the country is Stuart Tucked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here