Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atletico De Madrid friendly at the Amex?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Do we think the west upper will get opened? I've waited as always wanted to sit up there.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Any idea how many tickets have been sold now

In the region of 24k, perhaps more if the corporate areas are full.

I was a little off:

"The club is already approaching 23,000 ticket sales for this mouth-watering clash with the La Liga giants, and with the match on course to be a sell-out, those who have not yet secured their seats are advised to do as soon as possible."
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2017/july/tickets-selling-fast-for-atletico-match/

Looks like a good few tickets in the away end have been sold too !

S1A has not been offered at all and in S1C the western 5 columns have also not been released but nor have the eastern 5 columns in S1D so I guess either can depending on whether needed for ours or their fans.

This may get close to a sellout (personally I think it will fall short) but it won't a capacity crowd. I undertand most, if not all of the west middle is not open which is 2000+

Still another mini block and half to be had in the East Upper. The aforementioned areas in S1C or S1D and all bar the middle two blocks in the West Upper.

Still quite an effort for a friendly. I for one would be a bit miffed if none of the AM big names played.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
This friendly one of the most important in the clubs history we are about to play in the promise land which we need to do our bit and get behind TB blue white army.:albion2:

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Just got email from club re Parking booked at Bennetts Field.
All who have booked now transferred to University.
Obviously want the spaces for the Corporates now....

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I'll laugh when Athletico put a reserve team out.......

We've had Chelsea, Sevilla, Lazio and er, Norwich down here recently and some one says this every year. Not sure why.

In fact they always put out most of their first team squad. Why wouldn't they ? They need to get em fit / ready for the new season like we do.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
good see the club being surported as we will be able thank the club and we will see how me might set up against a class side.
Looking forward to the game.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
We've had Chelsea, Sevilla, Lazio and er, Norwich down here recently and some one says this every year. Not sure why.

In fact they always put out most of their first team squad. Why wouldn't they ? They need to get em fit / ready for the new season like we do.

Exactly. A week or so before Atletico start their domestic campaign and they'll play the stiffs against us. Yeah, right.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Exactly. A week or so before Atletico start their domestic campaign and they'll play the stiffs against us. Yeah, right.

You could say the same for us, I think as with all preseason fixtures it will be a game of two halves with a mixture of 1st teamers and reservers. Don't forget Athletico's bench is still made up of quality international players.
It's going to be a great occasion.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here