Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 69 shots in 4 games

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Starting at Leeds away, we have amassed 69 shots. That's just brilliant.

It shows to me the quality and potential this team has. We have also scored 10 in 4 games so that's just a sign of what we can achieve once the team gels in the coming weeks.

Really looking forward to this season and finally we have a team Sami can call his own. This my friends is the seeds being sown for a fruitful season :)

68 more than last season then !! :)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'm being entertained' it's all I ask.

Really enjoyed today as I did last week as well, always feel like we might score at any minute.

This new team looks exciting.

lola

Jul 28, 2014
Finland
I remember game in Champions League where gunners play agains some eastern team I remember this game was in my bettign note. Shots was like 38-3 and game end 1-1!! My bet was 3,4,5-0,1 so there must be quality too when you shoot too! But 69 out of 4 games tell me that we have been dominating the most of game or what?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Really been impressed by the width we are creating and the way Dunk/Greer are playing the long balls to The FB's who are sticking to their lines well.

As someone else said it does leave us exposed and a lot more work for Holla and (yesterday) JFC.

As players get to know each other, as well as this system we will improve and results will surely follow. Regardless, these past 2 home games have me feeling more positive than the start of any season since we got promoted.

Hopefully it produces consistent results as well as being consistently watchable

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Exactly. The few games so far has been more entertaining than most of last seasons droll fest

Agree. It makes you realise what a lot of very boring football we had to put up with last season. Sami's style of football is much more to my liking.

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
Best game at the Amex for well over a year for me. As others have said it's all about entertainment & we got that in spades yesterday. Even at 0-1 & 1-2 I never felt dispondent. If we play like that every week the place will soon be rocking with sell out crowds. New signings are immense, especially Holla bossing the midfield (he was quite vocal too & perhaps would make a good captain?). Greer had his best game I've seen (forgive him that one lapse for getting turned for their 2nd). Just feels like there's a feel good vibe around the players who have been allowed off the leash to express themselves. Players all scored 7,8 or 9 I thought, except Stockdale who's positioning questionable but he'll be a crowd favourite I think.
What a difference a couple of weeks makes.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
One thing that stuck me today, towards the end of the first half, was a realisation that we hadn't had many, if any, highlights.

We had all the possession, and a fair few crazy shots, but not many clear cut chances.

It was understandable how few chances we had, Charlton scored early then packed their final third of the pitch, looks like they will be difficult to beat, and watch, this season.

We, on the other hand, will be exciting, saw more attacking football in the first ten minutes yesterday than we saw in whole games last season.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
And how many corners? Must have had 8 or 9 in the first half yesterday...

8335faf9975c8ef8f74b62072a05400a_zps75c8df0b.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It was a shame CMS missed that chance in the 2nd half, it would be interesting to see him and Baldock start together to see what they can do.

el punal

Weird as it sounds, if we finish lower than 6th I won't be that disheartened.

It kinda feels like the early days of Poyet' reign.

We're not quite there but you kinda know something is brewing. That's my feeling anyway

I agree. My son-in-law, who was at yesterday's game, as well as the corresponding Charlton match last season which we won 3-0, reckoned this was a much more entertaining game despite the 2-2 result.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The difference is that in previous seasons the rule was - Go out and play nice football, and try to attack & score while you are at it.

Now the rule is - Go out and try to attack & score, and try to play nice football while you are at it.

This subtle difference in emphasis is just the tweak that was required.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
The difference is that in previous seasons the rule was - Go out and play nice football, and try to attack & score while you are at it.

Now the rule is - Go out and try to attack & score, and try to play nice football while you are at it.

This subtle difference in emphasis is just the tweak that was required.

Fair point. That said, the players we have got into the club in the last 2 weeks are all good solid footballers of much less risk.

Poyet for example took on some players with risks attached.

Buckley, Vicente, Bruno, to name a few.

Teixeira is better than Vicente than when we had him. Not injury prone, more effort and sparkling turn of pace.

We can't afford him to buy but it's the next best thing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here