Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dwight Gayle

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Or Marshall?

Is Marshall really worth more than £2.75m our current record transfer ?

BTW I am not comparing him to CMS just trying to work out the value of him

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He (amongst others) called Zamora early
on but otherwise I have no idea.....
Wow, please don't tell me you get points for that amazing piece of fortune telling.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Gayle would seriously enhance our chances of promotion. He imo is a reasonable prem striker, young and will improve. Do I care that he currently plays for palace? Not even one single shred of a turd.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
If we cannot compete with Fulham over Dunk's wages, we do not stand a chance of meeting what this guy would want. Even if we did, the rest of the squad would all want a pay rise as well!

A season long loan is a possibility if we only pay a percentage of course.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is Marshall really worth more than £2.75m our current record transfer ?

BTW I am not comparing him to CMS just trying to work out the value of him

I'd say he's worth at least £3m - but of course, for it to be him, if what Blackburn have been reportedly asking is true, we'd need to be paying £5m to get him.

It certainly appears to be cheaper to look abroad.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
If we cannot compete with Fulham over Dunk's wages, we do not stand a chance of meeting what this guy would want. Even if we did, the rest of the squad would all want a pay rise as well!

A season long loan is a possibility if we only pay a percentage of course.

Estimated to be on at least £20k per week at Palace. I agree we surely are not paying this sort of figure at the moment are we?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Estimated to be on at least £20k per week at Palace. I agree we surely are not paying this sort of figure at the moment are we?

No, I very much doubt it and certainly hope not. CoG is supposedly on 15k a week, but I would question that as well. But if you sign anyone from anywhere for 8m, they are not going to accept a wage in our range.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
No, I very much doubt it and certainly hope not. CoG is supposedly on 15k a week, but I would question that as well. But if you sign anyone from anywhere for 8m, they are not going to accept a wage in our range.

Both CoG and Colunga are rumoured to be on that sort of money. If we were to go for someone like Gayle (seems very unlikely) we would need to offload Cog & Colunga asap to free up budget.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Both CoG and Colunga are rumoured to be on that sort of money. If we were to go for someone like Gayle (seems very unlikely) we would need to offload Cog & Colunga asap to free up budget.

I'd be happy with that. Not saying it's going to happen but I can't see either COG or Colunga stepping up and replacing Baldock/BZ/Hemed as first choice.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I think yet again that if we break the record it will be for someone not on any of our radars.

Absolutely this, our procurement teams offices must be debugged every half hour. If it wasn't so frustrating I'd admire the secret shenanigans that goes on at the Amex. It seems common sense and logical to keep all this stuff secret until the signature is on a contract.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007

And prepare for a backlash from those already here - I am guessing, but hope, that CoG and Colunga are at the top end of our wage structure. The rumour is Dunk is on 6k a week, Fulham have offered 20k and we cannot compete with that. It would blow our wage structure out of the window, which is something I very much doubt that TB would do.

SDG

May 26, 2014
Won't happen, Hull are back in for him now that Andre Gray is off to Burnley. Norwich also interested.

I believe we are after Marshall and will do it with the Dunk money.

He has no intention of moving away from the South.

Turned down Bristol for that reason.

I'd suggest he'd go as far as Norwich, and they really need a striker.

If you play 2 up front, he'll score you 25. Play 1 up front and you gets disinterested, lazy player who can't hold the ball up.

Great finisher, who is unlucky to be born into the era of 3 centre mids and 1 big striker.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
And prepare for a backlash from those already here - I am guessing, but hope, that CoG and Colunga are at the top end of our wage structure. The rumour is Dunk is on 6k a week, Fulham have offered 20k and we cannot compete with that. It would blow our wage structure out of the window, which is something I very much doubt that TB would do.

Hold up ... are we honestly saying we believe that our current wage structure includes:

COG - £15k a week
Colunga - £15k a week
Dunk - £6k a week.

No way, that would be ludicrous. And, rather than lose Dunk to a club offering to triple his wages, why would we not look to dump COG and Colunga, then triple Dunks wages ourselves. Result would be:

COG - £nil
Colunga - £nil
Dunk - £18k a week.

Nope, sorry but I can see that those wages can possibly be correct, and if they are this club is in a f&*king mess! If that's true, then no wonder Dunk is a bit pished off with us.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Hold up ... are we honestly saying we believe that our current wage structure includes:

COG - £15k a week
Colunga - £15k a week
Dunk - £6k a week.

No way, that would be ludicrous. And, rather than lose Dunk to a club offering to triple his wages, why would we not look to dump COG and Colunga, then triple Dunks wages ourselves. Result would be:

COG - £nil
Colunga - £nil
Dunk - £18k a week.

Nope, sorry but I can see that those wages can possibly be correct, and if they are this club is in a f&*king mess! If that's true, then no wonder Dunk is a bit pished off with us.

Spot on. NO way is that a reality.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
He has no intention of moving away from the South.

Turned down Bristol for that reason.

I'd suggest he'd go as far as Norwich, and they really need a striker.

You can get from Bristol to Paddington in 1 hour 20 minutes. Less than it takes to get to Norwich.

It probably also came down to the fact that Bristol City have a very mediocre squad, and seem to think an £8m striker will solve all their problems across the park.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

COG - £15k a week
Colunga - £15k a week
Dunk - £6k a week.

COG - £nil
Colunga - £nil
Dunk - £18k a week.

The COG figure was i'm sure suggested by El Pres, so i doubt it's that far out (as well as a few other respected posters on here). Colunga was playing in La Liga, so i doubt he's far off 15k a week.

We were paying Kemy Agustein circa 15k a week. Fact.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007

COG - £15k a week
Colunga - £15k a week
Dunk - £6k a week.

COG - £nil
Colunga - £nil
Dunk - £18k a week.

I agree, but the CoG one has come from El Pres and the Dunk one was posted by Bozza earlier in the week. Not sure where the Colunga one has come from. We do not know for certain but I think El Pres calculated the average wage at the club to be something like 6k a week.

If CoG and Colunga are on that sort of money, then I am not surprised that we cannot shift them.

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne

COG - £15k a week
Colunga - £15k a week
Dunk - £6k a week.

COG - £nil
Colunga - £nil
Dunk - £18k a week.

Do you understand how footballers' contracts work? They have a fixed term, and the club is obliged to pay the wages for the lot of it. So if we release COG and Colunga, we have to pay them for the rest of their contracts. Bad recruitment haunts a team financially for quite a few seasons.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here