Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team Bedwetter or Team Rosy Spectacles?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
TRS for me.

Not worried in the slightest. There will be a few bumped threads on Sept 2nd and a lot of people (bed wetters) getting fat on humble pie.

This is something that always amuses me, the belief that the ANXIOUS fans will actually be embarrassed if/when we add some quality players, all the people who are not oozing confidence at the moment will be over joyed with new signings.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If those with concerns were just a little concerned about transfer dealings thus far there would be no need for pathetic childish phrases, and most of us would be all in and around the same boat.
As it doesn't stop there, pathetic childish phrases such as bedwetters is a good summation of the responses.

How does it not stop there? Have people been marching against the board, pitch invasions, fans boycotting games? No, they've just a got bit worried because we haven't bolstered the squad yet.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How does it not stop there? Have people been marching against the board, pitch invasions, fans boycotting games? No, they've just a got bit worried because we haven't bolstered the squad yet.

It's gone well beyond 'anxious' or 'a bit worried'. There is some unwarranted fundamental criticisms of the club, effectively of TB in all honesty, and that rightly in my opinion, gets peoples backs up.

I don't think 'bed wetters' is aimed at everyone worried about the squad, I think everyone could be included in that to be honest, but given some of the hysteria in the threads started daily about transfers, then it is an appropriate term to be fair.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I wet the bed throughout my youth, and I like to think I haven't entirely grown out of it - I recall one news years day being awoken by a lady whose bed I had occupied alongside her come the crack of dawn, which wasn't her name, to say that I was having a massive p*ss on her legs whilst in a deep druggy sleep - so I remain with the bedwetters. Ok I don't agree with them entirely or wish for us to spend stupidly to get through this slightly unexciting playerless spell, but we each have either bin liners or special sheets covering our mattresses and for that we're inseparably alike and united.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
TRS or TR&L for me.

I completely get why people might have concerns, and fair enough to them if they do. I personally don't, but that's the joys of differing opinions.

What I don't get, and never will, are the random 'Burke/Barber/TB don't know what they're doing' threads created by people who have about as much inside knowledge of the club as I do (sod all).

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
If those with concerns were just a little concerned about transfer dealings thus far there would be no need for pathetic childish phrases, and most of us would be all in and around the same boat.
As it doesn't stop there, pathetic childish phrases such as bedwetters is a good summation of the responses.

Isn't that the case anyway? If you ran polls, I'd expect, Over 90% of us don't want CA as number 1 GK this yr. 90% wouldn't expect the current squad to make the play offs and 90% of us would expect 3+ signings between now and 1st September.

As [MENTION=17389]DarrenFreemansPerm[/MENTION] says its the nature of some of the happy clappy brigade that can grate. The Ulloa deal was an example. I was in a mood the day his sale was confirmed, yet I can clearly see its a great deal for the club. My over riding emotion though was 'pissed off' because of the most memorable moments in the last 18 months that he was at the centre of. Like Suarez's price for Liverpool and Ronaldo's for Man utd, I'd expect their fans to be pissed off too - These type of players are irreplaceable to their respective clubs and the likelihood of a equal or better replacement is unlikely (Lets not forget Richard Tiltman replaced Dean Saunders and Mark Farrington replaced Mike Small as 2 examples in our past), so the money obtained is almost irrelevant in that instance. Anyway, it was the posts of people that were almost happy he was sold as if we go to football to count profits on your centre forwards that I dont get. You make an emotional investment in the players on the pitch ultimately - If you are happy when your best players leave, what would piss you off? (i'll state again, it was a great deal for the club)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My suggestion for using the word anxious was meant as a valid replacement for that pathetic phrase you asked for
Christ, this is NSC we're talking about. It's not like all conversations here are totally mature, with no insults.

The only difference is that those that are content simply will not tolerate anybody sharing their negative thoughts on here
That's your perception, and I disagree. The reason I personally call people bedwetters, is because the negativity can be so repetitive with no basis to it. And it seems like an appropriate word to me. It describes people that are behaving like spoilt children.

as and when they do they are met with that phrase and other condescending remarks, much like your response you just provided :)
And you're not condescending in your defence of the bedwetters? You claim it's the sort of thing a 4 year old would say - it's not.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm Team Content. That's right, I'm having my own team. Can't get picked last then can I?

I'm sure we'll come good. Just another season of consolidating and getting things bedded in with a new man in charge. My only fear this season is Sami deciding to jack it in at the end of it and I'm hoping that won't be the case.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Isn't that the case anyway? If you ran polls, I'd expect, Over 90% of us don't want CA as number 1 GK this yr. 90% wouldn't expect the current squad to make the play offs and 90% of us would expect 3+ signings between now and 1st September.
I agree with all that. We all want signings, and nearly all of us are concerned. But most of us are confident the club are trying hard to get them.

The Ulloa deal was an example. I was in a mood the day his sale was confirmed, yet I can clearly see its a great deal for the club. My over riding emotion though was 'pissed off' because of the most memorable moments in the last 18 months that he was at the centre of.
It's understandable to be pissed off we lost him. But I wouldn't expect you to be posting that the club is run by idiots with no ambition because we sold him.
Like Suarez's price for Liverpool and Ronaldo's for Man utd, I'd expect their fans to be pissed off too - These type of players are irreplaceable to their respective clubs
Actually I don't think it's like that at all for us. At their level, the £70/£80 they received cannot be re-invested to make the team as good/better than it was with their star player. Whereas if we can re-invest the money we received for Ulloa, we could we be better than we were - simply because there's so much room for improvement across the rest of our squad.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
That's your perception, and I disagree. The reason I personally call people bedwetters, is because the negativity can be so repetitive with no basis to it. And it seems like an appropriate word to me. It describes people that are behaving like spoilt children.

And you're not condescending in your defence of the bedwetters? You claim it's the sort of thing a 4 year old would say - it's not.
How does being repetitive translate as being a bed wetter? It doesn't does it, but if you want to use that incredibly poor argument in your support of such a pony phrase then I guess there'll be no persuading you otherwise.

Yes, I was being condescending, in response to the nature of the label you're so happy to place on people who have a different opinion. It really shouldn't be the choice of expression used by an adult, not when out language can offer a plethora of better alternatives, and more accurate also.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How does being repetitive translate as being a bed wetter?
Someone who only wets the bed once, is hardly a bedwetter are they?

It really shouldn't be the choice of expression used by an adult, not when out language can offer a plethora of better alternatives, and more accurate also.
Well it's not a phrase used by children. So far the only alternative you've offered is 'anxious' people, which doesn't mean the same thing at all. So please furnish us with some wonderful alternatives.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm a little disappointed with NSC.
This is a thread with a clear and obvious homage to Mike Reid in it's opening gambit, and yet it's turned in Countdown's dictionary corner.

Lighten up people.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

This. It's the "I'm seriously worried about what's happening at our club" and "bloom should loosen the purse strings" people that are bedwetters.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Im Team 'Wait till August 9th'..

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I agree with all that. We all want signings, and nearly all of us are concerned.

I don't agree with that either. I'm not concerned. I don't believe there is anthing to be concerned about. Concerned suggests there is something wrong, whereas in fact this summer is no different to any other and it generally works out ok.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here