Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins Injury

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Clubs ( medical staff ) prefer to guide 'their' players to wherever they feel would accelerate the players recovery.

But players too will demand access to doctors, physios or psychics that they trust and believe can help, sometimes ahead of the clubs wishes.

There can be friction, but ultimately modern players feel confident to use whoever they feel can look after their bodies best.

I am not saying that Hoskins hasn't followed the clubs recommendations, more of a broader comment.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I was lucky enough to go play an industry-based football tournament at St Georges Park last year (and will be again this year).

Just from my afternoon there you can completely see why a player would choose to use that as their "base" for recovery. Phenomenal facilities and it just OOZES proffessionalism.

Also you wonder whether the world class 3g pitches etc are recommended for the player's first real running after recovery.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I believe that adds up to one character too many. ( 7 max. not 8)

Fair enough. Must have been "W HOSKN5". I know that's still 8 unless they ignore the space?

Whatever, still a little tragic- combination of car and number plate!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Always remember in the 80's players being sent to Lillishall for their rehabilitation, I guess st George's is just the new modern upto date version.

Lilleshall is just a few miles from me and I still do a bit of cricket coaching there but they have dropped out of the running for both football and cricket mainstream. Lilleshall is the home of GB archery and I think the GB gymnastics squads still train there and a couple of years ago they did all the pre-season fitness work with the prem refs.

When I was recovering from knee surgery about 7-8 years ago I went there as they had top physios and facilities and I remember working in the gym where several pro footballers were there who had been sent for residential re-hab by their clubs.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's obvious that it is in the clubs best interest to get footballers that they are paying a wage to back on the pitch as soon as is possible. The club have used St Georges Park to train when in the north and presumably have dealt a lot with the FA when designing our own training facility.

Lush

Mods' Pet
He had good personal reasons to want to spend time with his young family up north a few years ago (which was partly behind the loan to Sheffield Utd). I'm sure it also made sense for him to stay there to recover from his injury, for similar reasons. But he's a true pro, time has now moved on, and he's raring to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here