Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NORTH STAND CHAT logo

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
It's almost 20 years since we left home *gulp*. A lot of fans will not recognise the pylon sadly.

Are there any/many photos floating about of the ground? I forget what it looks like on the inside.

I can just about picture the club shop and inside the west stand, but I can't remember what it was like behind the north stand. My memory is blank between the turnstile and the stand. Same goes for the south and west. Never made it to the east.

Imagine a tall wall of corrugated iron on one side, and a tall wall of corrugated iron on the other (with barbed wire on top), with occasional banks of concrete steps.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It's almost 20 years since we left home *gulp*. A lot of fans will not recognise the pylon sadly.

Are there any/many photos floating about of the ground? I forget what it looks like on the inside.

I can just about picture the club shop and inside the west stand, but I can't remember what it was like behind the north stand. My memory is blank between the turnstile and the stand. Same goes for the south and west. Never made it to the east.

I think it would make a good thread- pictures of The Goldstone.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Obviously I missed the vote, but I prefer the new "Amex" logo... :shrug:

There wasn't a vote. On the thread in question, linked above, it was suggested we scored more goals with the old Goldstone logo so I popped it back onto the site. Since then we've been brilliant so it's staying for now.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
There wasn't a vote. On the thread in question, linked above, it was suggested we scored more goals with the old Goldstone logo so I popped it back onto the site. Since then we've been brilliant so it's staying for now.

keep it forever! :bowdown:

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012

And if we get beaten by Blackpool? Can we have the bogs then?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Please keep it, as much as I love the AMEX there is something about seeing that floodlight that brings back some brilliant memories.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
keep it forever! :bowdown:

Ultimately, I do intend to have a range of different templates with different logos that people can choose for themselves.

But as long as our results are positive, the Goldstone logo will remain for all.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012

Brilliant?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Anyone got a picture of the old northstand bogs? That would be a masthead right there.

Mind you, no one chatted much in there. I used to hold my breath for the whole experience.
323_29060502244_3297_n.jpeg

I snapped these in the Club Museum on Friday after a tour of the Amex. I think they would look nice, but in view of Bozza's comment re: the apparent upturn in form since the old masthead was restored perhaps it would be wise to apply the "..if it ain't broke don't fix it" principal.

View attachment 52954

View attachment 52953

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
is that actually the north stand bogs, i never went to the goldstone so i don't know
Directly opposite was the burger bar if my memory serves me correctly. Not sure which smelled worse...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here