Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Obika

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Possible, but he has been on loan to many clubs and none have been interested in taking him permenant, does that not say something.

Haven't they? Or perhaps they just couldn't afford his wages? Was well regarded at his previous loan clubs by all accounts.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Looked better today than he has before. I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he gets better still.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpg
Wayne Rooney executes the best overhead kick in football history, today at The Amex I'm glad to say "I WAS THERE" to witness the worst in history
The first shot since the Amex opened that nearly cleared the north stand roof :ffsparr:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Fear not our problems could be solved fairly soon as Hoskins I playing for the DS Monday night lets all hope and pray he comes through it ok and progresses forward. He is\was a natural goalscorer!

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
In the programme (Donny i think) he said he has been on loan 29 times, he is absolutely shocking, when he got past that defender I thought yes surely a goal, but instead of fizzing it low across the box which 1 touch would've sent it in, Obika decides to hit it at 2 mph with his left foot at Al-Habsi

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
In the programme (Donny i think) he said he has been on loan 29 times, he is absolutely shocking, when he got past that defender I thought yes surely a goal, but instead of fizzing it low across the box which 1 touch would've sent it in, Obika decides to hit it at 2 mph with his left foot at Al-Habsi

Which is how I saw it. What I would say was there were others in a similar position in the first half, who also made bad decisions when well placed.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Looked better today than he has before. I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he gets better still.

I thought he looked better, but we havnt got the time for him to get better still...and given.we only play one striker anyway there's a few other players in that side who need to step up to the plate scoring wise

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
Which is how I saw it. What I would say was there were others in a similar position in the first half, who also made bad decisions when well placed.
Don't get me wrong I'm also annoyed at how we can't seem to be consistent in the final third, and I wanted Obika to come on and prove me wrong, but I think he is a shocking player. I don't know if you went up to Port Vale but before he scored he missed an absolute shocker, he is easily the worst player I've seen since I started supporting us (2001/02)

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Don't get me wrong I'm also annoyed at how we can't seem to be consistent in the final third, and I wanted Obika to come on and prove me wrong, but I think he is a shocking player. I don't know if you went up to Port Vale but before he scored he missed an absolute shocker, he is easily the worst player I've seen since I started supporting us (2001/02)

Now that is saying something! Is he worse than that Hawkins chap? Or Dixon or that goalie we had called Smith?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've been chatting to some Spurs fans on Twitter since I posted the match report criticising Obika. They are fairly unanimous in their opinion that he is dreadful and they were desperately hoping we'd sign him. Apparently out of contract at the end of the season. I hope David Burke is putting the dreadful first touch and comical bicycle kick in to the famous database.

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
Now that is saying something! Is he worse than that Hawkins chap? Or Dixon or that goalie we had called Smith?

I can swear that although Hawkins was bad, didn't he try and rush back from injury? although I was just a kid at the time, and for me Obika just looks like he doesn't know what to do when he gets the ball

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I've been chatting to some Spurs fans on Twitter since I posted the match report criticising Obika. They are fairly unanimous in their opinion that he is dreadful and they were desperately hoping we'd sign him. Apparently out of contract at the end of the season. I hope David Burke is putting the dreadful first touch and comical bicycle kick in to the famous database.

Problem is if he is cheap and the wages low can see him coming our way with Ulloa off to Guserland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here