Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What were your house names at school?

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
We had Lords, Twickenham, Wembley and Wimbledon. I was in Lords. I recall Wimbledon being particularly shit.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
We had Romans ,Britons,Saxons and Danes.
And then unbelievably Hacks,Trustrums, Moggereridges, Nichols. In senior school.

Whitehawk Secondary Modern circa 1964, St George, St David, St Andrew and St Patrick, house colours to match.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Yep, Patcham Fawcett.

I was in Firle, but I can't think what the others were, I thought Wolstonbury, but you may be correct.

I'm fairly sure there were six in all. jazz Bolton was house master of one of them, I think either bert white or fat ken was master of Firle?

Last edited:

el punal

I won't embarrass myself or anyone else about my school or the four houses therein by naming them, save that the house colours were red, pale blue, green and yellow. And . . . why is it that the worst house at sport always wears the the worst colour - yellow!

This was proved in the inter-house football competition where I was selected (ordered/press ganged) to play in goal. We kicked off and that was the last time we got into the opposition half of any note. We lost 15-0 and I was made man of the match, having saved FOUR penalties. Nostalgia eh! Anyway, forgive my self indulgence!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bridwell, Yondercott, Gaddon and I have forgotten the 4th (blue) team. Unless you're from mid-Devon this will be meaninglesss.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Downsbrook Middle: Highdown (green - me!), Chanctonbury (blue), Cissbury (red), Salvington (yellow)

St Andrews High: Davids (yellow - me!), Andrews (blue), Georges (red), Patricks (green)

I was a Davids boy as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here