Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police office stabbed and assailant shot outside Parliament, Parliament in lockdown

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Agreed. I guess we're missing some usual suspects on here, so will probably change in a bit.

It also suggests that there weren't any overt references to Islam at the scene. I'm also surprised the ethnicity of the attacker hasn't been discussed, as it appears many people saw them...?

Only description I heard was he was a middle-aged man.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Well it's clearly Muslim terrorists isn't it. Fine be pc if you like but that's bloody obvious, hence why no one needs to say it.

I'm far from pc believe me, but one should never assume, only deal with facts.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Reports from St Thomas' Hospital confirm one woman has died and others have 'catastrophic' injuries.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
From the BBC website, it seems to be the same person causing both incidents.

The attacker is reported to have mowed down several pedestrians as he drove a grey Hyundai car across Westminster Bridge before crashing it into railings
He is then reported to have run through the gates of the Palace of Westminster and stabbed the officer
Eyewitnesses said he was shot by police as he approached a second officer clutching his knife

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Well it's clearly Muslim terrorists isn't it. Fine be pc if you like but that's bloody obvious, hence why no one needs to say it.

Not necessarily......the last incident like this wasn't Islamic terrorism was it! Jo Cox.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Just seen an eyewitness report on ITV and the middle-aged lady is reporting that there were gunshots on the bridge and that the bodies on Westminster Bridge had been shot.

Sounds confusing as the reports so far are that the vehicle ploughed into pedestrians on the bridge and the driver then went on to attack a policeman and that was when the shots were fired.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I'm surprised this has got to page 6 and no one is pointing fingers or blaming certain groups/religions, refreshing.

I mean nobody has a clue right now though, usually you get eye witnesses coming out and saying who the people were or looked like but it's all been total silence. Suspect the media will suppress it as much as possible, especially if its religious or political motivations.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I mean nobody has a clue right now though, usually you get eye witnesses coming out and saying who the people were or looked like but it's all been total silence. Suspect the media will suppress it as much as possible, especially if its religious or political motivations.

I'd say it's often the opposite. Numerous times recently has it been reported that someone heard someone shout "Allahu Akhbar" at the scene, only for that to be retracted later.

Ref: see Spanish supermarket shooting, and Quebec Mosque attack.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton

I expect that's extremely unlikely. As with every other major terror attack, as and when real evidence emerges of who's responsible and what organisation (if any) they belong to, it's likely to be all over the media. The only reason people on NSC know about previous attacks in different parts of the world and that Islamic terrorists have been responsible for them, is as a result of media reporting, surely? In due course, when the police/security authorities release what they know, we will hear about it, as we always have, through the responsible media, including the BBC and the other usual sources. There are good reasons why we don't know yet, not least that the situation is still unfolding, and the priority is to contain it and reduce further risk.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Why would the media suppress information? That's the exact opposite of what the media is there to do.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bet this herbert will be identified by the time the 10pm news is on.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Still no one has said anything to back this up. Appalling comment when you have no evidence, and people are dead or seriously injured. As Notters said, a thread ban would be in order.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here