Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police office stabbed and assailant shot outside Parliament, Parliament in lockdown

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
Any one else think the police knew something because they were doing the terrorism exercises on the Thames only last Sunday?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I do think it's in rather poor taste, to say the least, that The Scottish Parliamentary debate is carrying on.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
With good intelligence, you nip it in the bud before these incidents have a chance to develop.

All you can do is identify suspects though, right?

For something like this to happen all a person has to do is be smart enough to stay under the radar and have access to a car or a kitchen knife.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Any one else think the police knew something because they were doing the terrorism exercises on the Thames only last Sunday?

they do a lot of exercises, though there were notably a number of police around on the tube this morning.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Isn't one of the purposes of incidents like these , to disrupt the normal operation of society and government ?

So fair play to them for carrying on.

Both the leaders of The Scottish Conservative Party and The Scottish Labour Party disagree with that:

[tweet]844572584700207104[/tweet]

[tweet]844578249145548802[/tweet]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh well : looks like i'm outvoted

In a way I agree - the biggest **** you we can make to these people is to carry on exactly as normal. But at the same time I do get the flip side, in the IMMEDIATE aftermath.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I'm surprised this has got to page 6 and no one is pointing fingers or blaming certain groups/religions, refreshing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm surprised this has got to page 6 and no one is pointing fingers or blaming certain groups/religions, refreshing.

Agreed. I guess we're missing some usual suspects on here, so will probably change in a bit.

It also suggests that there weren't any overt references to Islam at the scene. I'm also surprised the ethnicity of the attacker hasn't been discussed, as it appears many people saw them...?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005

Well it's clearly Muslim terrorists isn't it. Fine be pc if you like but that's bloody obvious, hence why no one needs to say it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here