Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

20 points ahead of Villa

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Fair enough, my comment was more general to pre season, they are about where I thought they would be, if not a little higher

With you completely on that. I said pre season that i felt this season would be a bit of a hangover for Villa. Not at all surprised to see them struggling to adapt to the championship

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
January we have Newcastle, Fulham and Wednesday (plus PNE i think). Anywhere near 15 points ahead of Fulham, Wednesday, Derby and Villa at that point and we're up.
That's the key month in our season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
20 points ahead of Villa
15 points ahead of Norwich
12 points ahead of Derby
8 points ahead of 3rd place

It'll look even better if we can win the next 2 at the AMEX.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I don't think anyone would have predicted this.

many were predicting Villa and Norwich wouldnt be shoe-ins. Newcastle kept a strong squad together than got relegated because it didnt quite work out. Norwich and Villa were just poor, used to losing, and in Villa's case full of overrated players being given a big fat slap in the ego.

i dont really get the obsession with Villa, or other particular teams, what matters is our position and the team immediatly below, not teams we think should be doing better then they are. our rivals are Newcastle, Reading and ourselves.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Personally think it's too early to call anything as the race for third is still tighter than a gnats arse, but I reckon a third place by the end of January is going to be either Leeds or Derby.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
See the poll from two weeks ago where 50% though they were our biggest rivals :lolol:

Not me. Furthermore, I think Newcastle may very well go through a bad spell again, if injuries combine with losses of players to the African Nations Cup, and because they are not strong at full back, and not that strong at reserve in central midfield. Only Colback?

We could have a blip unless Dale Stephen cuts out the mistakes.

I thought Villa would do well before the season started, but they may have left it too late and not good enough even to reach the play-offs. This weekend's results have not done Villa any favours, and Sundays game if they lose they would nearer relegation than the play-offs.

PS: I doubt if I will watch Villa on TV on Sunday, even though QPR are our next opponents. Bournemouth game or going out looks more attractive.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
We're talking about Villa and Norwich. Who here predicted we'd be 15 ahead of Norwich and 20 ahead of Villa by Christmas?

I was only taking about villa not surprised I thought they migt go down again obviously norwich is a different story.but just glad we are

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was only taking about villa not sure where you got norwich from as the op only mentions villa.
Firstly, the OP mentioned Norwich too:
"And FYI - we're 15 ahead of Norwich."

Secondly, the second post in the thread, also mentioned Norwich:
"Actually I think many would to be honest, many thought Villa wouldnt do much this year and it is not a surprise with Norwich after how poor they were"

And it's that post I replied to when I said "surely no one would have predicted it before the start of the season?"
So when I said "We're talking about Villa and Norwich", it's because we were taking about Villa and Norwich.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Firstly, the OP mentioned Norwich too:
"And FYI - we're 15 ahead of Norwich."

Secondly, the second post in the thread, also mentioned Norwich:
"Actually I think many would to be honest, many thought Villa wouldnt do much this year and it is not a surprise with Norwich after how poor they were"

And it's that post I replied to when I said "surely no one would have predicted it before the start of the season?"
So when I said "We're talking about Villa and Norwich", it's because we were taking about Villa and Norwich.

Okay no worries hence I edited my post.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Villa bought well but in Di Matteo they chose the wrong manager. They'll get better under Bruce but they can forget about top two.

As for Norwich they should have sacked Alex Neil ages ago. The fact he' s still there is incredible and, again, they can forget about top two.

I agree that Derby are the main threat but I don't really think we need to worry about any side. Our only threat is an injury to Murray and if we bring in cover then we'll be fine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here