Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I've got to say that lad Goldson is having a super season for Rangers and such a snip at £3 mill.
... but as it's been said many times, how many SPL clubs would survive in the PL? A lot of them would struggle to get into the Championship play-offs.

Goldson is playing well, but the SPL is not a great standard.

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
It is simple ,have been to game(in coach waiting to get out) midfield does not win enough second balls therefore when ball is lost we are under pressure,today never put the home team under pressure

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's a massive worry when you look at our next 6 games. We might get a point at West Ham or Everton if we are lucky, but we could be sitting here in 6 games time still on 21 points, which would mean 9 loses in a row. That would take us from a comfortable mid table position, to just outside the relegation zone.
Before I get accused of bed wetting, I am just being realistic about the situation. We are definitely a better team than we were last season, and I still think we have a better chance of survival than some others, but we need to start picking up points again soon, or the confidence will start to fade and the rot sets in.
Having said that, who knows, we might stuff Arsenal and Man U again? Gotta love being in the PL!

A relegation battle was what we expected pre-season, it is quite likely to still happen. Was anyone really fooled by the table a couple of weeks ago? At least we have a few points in the bag.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think we have to face it that Bournemouth are a better side than us.

Ah well, we only have arsenal and Everton coming up.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think we have to face it that Bournemouth are a better side than us.

Ah well, we only have arsenal and Everton coming up.

Not particularly true of fair. Brooks was the difference. We had some good phases, and we attacked them, a rare sight for us away recently.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think the big money players are so because they have the mental strength and agility to play properly and skill fully in any situation. These guys are professional athletes, skill fitness and the physical side of things are, or should be a given. But when players crumble mentally and just end up flinging them selves around desperately, with seemingly no alternative way out, you know they're not top drawer.

Totally agree. We obviously can do it, but we are just not consistent.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
4 more wins needed to avoid relegation and we still have Cardiff, Huddersfield, Southampton, Newcastle and Burnley to play at home.

No need to panic just yet.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Bring Stephens back in and never drop him again, our defence clearly struggle without the protection.

Give Kayal a game in for Propper.

Bissouma in place of Gross.

4411 and finish off the necessary wins we need for survival.

Nobody talking about europe anymore I see.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
4 more wins needed to avoid relegation and we still have Cardiff, Huddersfield, Southampton, Newcastle and Burnley to play at home.

No need to panic just yet.
Indeed, and it is not beyond belief that there will be one or two surprise wins against teams higher up the table. Although today's results have been bad for us, cutting us a bit adrift from 'PL division 2' when we could have gone up to tenth, panic is totally inappropriate at the moment. We've got two more games this year, and I still reckon we'll have more than 21 points by January 1st.

5 wins I would say
Yes - and probably not necessarily those five home games either.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
They’re amazing going, especially to stadia where the Albion are always outclassed and lose. Can only think that the craic of downing pints with mates makes it all worthwhile?

Didnt get to go to muff as it sold out so fast again. Yes kindred spirits and the noise is appreciated by the team.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Europe talk and how we’re vying with ManU for final PL position, is always cringeworthy.

In the same way where some new owners of clubs talk bollocks about Europe and CL, where they’re light years behind that level.

I laughed my head off when Bournemouth got their Oligarch and made noises about being a Premier League team, when they were in League 1. If you don’t have dreams you may as well stop going to the football imo.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I laughed my head off when Bournemouth got their Oligarch and made noises about being a Premier League team, when they were in League 1. If you don’t have dreams you may as well stop going to the football imo.

I see the Albion’s ascent as gradual, and I would imagine that TB does too. Currently trying to chisel out results against often better teams, on a match by match basis.

Our squad lacks a complete midfield able to control games, whereas clubs like Wolves, Bmuff, Leicester, Everton and Watford have that in place for various reasons (usually money, or sometimes a dodgy relationship with a super agent) ... a bunch of quality midfielders and creators.

If we stay up again, I see the club working towards that too.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
You'd like to think so, but could be 4 points. . . We've a
Ready seen more of the latter type displays this season. We appear to be getting better against the better teams but not nailing it home against the dross.

5 wins I would say

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here