Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So FED UP with Knockaert

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Best thing that could happen is that he gets his confidence back and improves.
I think he's a 100% confidence player who's performance seriously dips when he's had a few poor games.

Don't get me wrong, nothing personal against the guy, but so far most of what I've seen is a sulky, selfish and wasteful player.
But I contradict myself as he's clearly showed moments of quality in a few games this season.

Thanks, I was alright until Sussex Nomates called me a nasty name. You've cheered me right up. :love:

:bowdown::lolol::bigwave:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What should have been the expectations then of the player voted the best in the Championship.

Somewhere below a French international call up!
Or
backing up last seasons 15 (?) goal haul.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
He's short on confidence and trying to do too much on the ball. At the moment Izzy and Solly are our best 2 wingers but Knocky will come back strong and prove his worth again. It does look as though his Dad's passing has really hit him hard but I'm confident he will be twice the player next season.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
He’s not been great has he ? That load of nonsense he did in the 1st half has summed up his season. He’s a good championship player.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
He's short on confidence and trying to do too much on the ball. At the moment Izzy and Solly are our best 2 wingers but Knocky will come back strong and prove his worth again. It does look as though his Dad's passing has really hit him hard but I'm confident he will be twice the player next season.

I think we’ve got to let go of the dad thing. He’s just not performing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think we’ve got to let go of the dad thing. He’s just not performing.

I agree with this. Aside from today he’s doing the same as last year but it’s not coming off as he’s up against more savvy defenders. And he is very predictable. And when it doesn’t come off he gets in a strop. I fail to see what this has got to with his father.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Why the anti AK comments this season, when Solly has produced even less? Bias to one of our own?

I expected Solly to step up this season and Knocky to step down, I am a tad disappointed with both

Our recruitment has been immense to build what we have now and (again touch wood) we have been very lucky with injuries, especially with a cup run. I was apprehensive about that to be honest, and wouldnt have been too miffed had we gone out to Palace. Now its a great opportunity for CH to give fringe and new players a run out, the battle for a start or place on the bench must be immense

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I agree with this. Aside from today he’s doing the same as last year but it’s not coming off as he’s up against more savvy defenders. And he is very predictable. And when it doesn’t come off he gets in a strop. I fail to see what this has got to with his father.

Its hard to judge to be honest bereavement, everyone deals different with, I broke down when my mother passed, no way could I be doing Knockys job whilst having to step up a level at the same time, I feel for him. But yeah it could be that and a combination of not being able to skin defences in this division which he thrives on

I want Calde back in a sports psych roll

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Better than Championship but not top Premiership quality - which is presumably why Leicester got rid.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Its hard to judge to be honest bereavement, everyone deals different with, I broke down when my mother passed, no way could I be doing Knockys job whilst having to step up a level at the same time, I feel for him. But yeah it could be that and a combination of not being able to skin defences in this division which he thrives on

I want Calde back in a sports psych roll

I agree with your comments about bereavement. But my point is that, to me, his performances haven’t been affected that much....it’s more the opposition is better. I can’t cimment on today’s game as I wasn’t there but the games I have seen he’s tried his usual taking on players and it’s not worked as much as last year. And his decision making has always been a bit suspect.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Not just based on the first half today (think we are playing brilliantly), more over this whole season so far.
And yes I know he got the assist, the genuinely shitty cross that found Locadia

So, so wasteful. Stroppy, blames others and loses the ball after making the wrong decision time after time.

Get 'yer flamethrowers out, I'm prepared.

Good Championship player, a bit of flair, but definitely not for me, or the Premier League.

#KnockyOut

It's disappointing when fans criticise players for not being better than they are capable of being.

I have no appetite to have a pop at Knocky, or Hemed, or Rosenior because they've all been great signings and worked their socks off for this club. Sure, it is disappointing that Knocky has lost composure and confidence but I see a player trying his heart out and who cares about the team.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lacking confidence and trying too hard but he doesn’t hide and he never stops running. Some really bad decision making, selfish in going for goal and didn’t have a good game, but he still has plenty of credit given what he did for us last season.

Disappointed that he seems to be struggling but I do believe he is a good player out of form

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If he is getting cross because he is trying things that don't work, at least that is better than throwing a wobbler and not trying.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I agree with your comments about bereavement. But my point is that, to me, his performances haven’t been affected that much....it’s more the opposition is better. I can’t cimment on today’s game as I wasn’t there but the games I have seen he’s tried his usual taking on players and it’s not worked as much as last year. And his decision making has always been a bit suspect.

I dunno. I guess that comes down to training and stuff and mentality. He just needs to change his game a bit IMO and realise that he is a team player and not the out and out star than he is at a lower level. I thought he would be on 8-10 goals this season. Love the guy, dont get me wrong, I just think he needs to adjust his game and mentality a little as this division is a very different proposition we are finding out, and yeah he reminds me of Kanchelskis/OverMars somewhat but maybe this is his level, and if it is he needs to get used to that. I hope he comes good to his potential again

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Not just based on the first half today (think we are playing brilliantly), more over this whole season so far.
And yes I know he got the assist, the genuinely shitty cross that found Locadia

So, so wasteful. Stroppy, blames others and loses the ball after making the wrong decision time after time.

Get 'yer flamethrowers out, I'm prepared.

Good Championship player, a bit of flair, but definitely not for me, or the Premier League.

#KnockyOut

What a complete helmet. Why cant we just have a player who is out of form. He has gone through a lot in his own life in the last year let alone trying to adapt to playing in one of the top 4 leagues in europe.

Get off his back and get behind him. What a nob you are.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here