Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I don't think the club have got much wrong here, yes they could have opened ESU maybe a couple days earlier, but that's about it. Ticket sales suggest that anyone who wants a ticket will get one, even if not in the exact seat they want. Well that's hardly the end of the world is it.We constantly (quite rightly) comment on how well the club is run in an effort to be as sustainable as possible. After the Palace game with a half empty stadium the club were right to be cautions of sales for a match with a club that far below us in the league. If ESU sells out soon, maybe the club will start to open blocks in WSU, but if people are leaving it to just a couple of days before the game to decide to go them that's not the clubs fault. Obviously there will always be tales of supporters with last minute changes of plan, who may not get seats but for the vast majority the only problem is one of preciousness about where they sit, in one of the best stadiums in the land, with basically pretty decent views from all of it. Any one that concerned about restricted views from low down close to the pitch could have brought tickets from the higher seats in east or west lower when they went on sale. Why people think an apology is due is beyond me. They actually haven't fu***d up, they just haven't written to individuals personally asking them what seat would they like, and asking how they should run the club.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can’t belive this thread has reached 100 pages over first world problems. THERE IS NOT A BAD SEAT IN THE AMEX - just go and enjoy the game and really get behind the lads :thumbsup:

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
TBH it doesn't really bother me, its just a bit annoying and of course I get that Barber is an employee, but it has highlighted imo that maybe just maybe he doesn't always get everything right!

He didn't get it right because there were two options.

A) Reduce ticket prices.
Or
B) Only open the lower tiers at full price.

The club went for option C.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
THERE IS NOT A BAD SEAT IN THE AMEX

This isn't true though, is? I mean the seats are fine, but the view and 'ambience' (© Tony Adams) very much depend on who is around you.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
This isn't true though, is? I mean the seats are fine, but the view and 'ambience' (© Tony Adams) very much depend on who is around you.

It's a fair point. Some people are stuck in ST seats, next to some RIGHT cocks.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
So following on from some thoughts on here would it be better financially to play cup games behind closed doors? The arguments about it being not cost efffective not to open stands seems a little bizzare and I know the counter arguement is that it only applies to stands with partial take up.
I am another that believes we could easily sold this game with a bit of clever marketing to schools, youth teams etc. The Palace game was the exception not the rule.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I note Coventry are providing a extra 300 tickets to season ticket holders tomorrow , where would they be sitting ? W1A E1H , with a couple of rows of segregation perhaps .

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Avenues available to the club that, as far as I can see, they make no use of whatsoever:

- NSC - seriously - buy that big banner at the top for a week. It won't cost much and it will be shown approaching a million times. That the club have never actively looked at NSC as an advertising solution, yet have repeatedly paid The Argus just strikes me as bizarre, even putting my obvious bias aside.

If they're lazy, they could just have this: http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?713-Test on every single NSC page.

- Facebook re-marketing. Upload the email address of every fan who has NOT bought a ticket to this game and allow FB to market to them. Highly targeted, yet cheap.

- Facebook re-marketing 2: Upload the email address of every STH who has only bought one ticket to this game and allow FB to market to them: "You can buy three more tickets!" Highly targeted, yet cheap.

- Instagram. Use the story feature EVERY SINGLE DAY to reference that Saturday's game is genuinely historic. Don't just upload crappy phone snaps, use some of the design/marketing talent in the club to produce some bespoke imagery for it. "Tickets available NOW - swipe up to buy" - you drive the users straight into the ticketing site.

- Snapchat - as above. Use the story feature to drive home the significance and the price.

Bemusing isn't it. Not everyone is an avid fan who has every fixture etched into their brain.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I note Coventry are providing a extra 300 tickets to season ticket holders tomorrow , where would they be sitting ? W1A E1H , with a couple of rows of segregation perhaps .

From their site

These tickets are not additional to the Sky Blues’ 4,529 allocation, and have been made available due to incompleted transactions, returns or reserves (e.g for players etc) not being required.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
So following on from some thoughts on here would it be better financially to play cup games behind closed doors? The arguments about it being not cost efffective not to open stands seems a little bizzare and I know the counter arguement is that it only applies to stands with partial take up.
I am another that believes we could easily sold this game with a bit of clever marketing to schools, youth teams etc. The Palace game was the exception not the rule.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

I expect they struggle to make any significant money from most cup games. Discounting TV money they probably made a loss against Palace, especially as the policing costs were no doubt many times higher than for normal games. Even the prize money for winning is probably less than the players win bonuses.

What you also have to consider is that effectively we have already "sold" around 3000 1901 tickets for each match and the opposition and FA are entitled to 45% and 10% of that. Not sure how it works in practice, but I suspect all 1901 tickets are given a nominal value, say £40 for a reduced price match like Coventry, and then the amount owing is derived from this. So using those figures as an example, straight off we owe the FA £12000 and Coventry £54000 before we have made a penny in ticket sales.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
800 now remaining as at 5pm Monday - this includes wheelchair and hospitality leaving ONLY 350 stand tickets available . News on WSU opening on Wednesday earliest . So at the moment the attendance is roughly 25,000. Impressive given the number of people poised for a West Stand opening should it happen . Unlikely to sell 4500 for the Upper West in 3 days - but you never know

ESU = 942 (32 are WC)
North = 24 (all are WC)
WSL = 9 (all are WC)
ESL = 20 (18 are WC/Family)

Total left = 995
Total that can be bought without restriction = 922

By morning I predict that 4 blocks in the ESU will have limited availability and the centre two blocks will only have singles available. I doubt this scenario will be enough to convince the club to open up the WSU tomorrow after all.

Maybe Wednesday?

And 32 more in hospitality.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1035 now. There were 975 an hour and a half ago. Main differences:

20 new seats in W1G - lower tier groups for those that might want them.
Around 75 seats added for sale in E3B.

1035 now. There were 975 an hour and a half ago. Main differences:

20 new seats in W1G - lower tier groups for those that might want them.
Around 75 seats added for sale in E3B.

I noted those 72 missing seats in E3B when they released the East Upper. There are more in the southerly most block too. In fact all the non WC seats here were never released either

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
churchill_2279403k.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here