Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you worry less when Brighton are a bit rubbish?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
We climbed several places on that final Saturday.

That was a lovely sunny day in every way.

That mini survival cameo, got my son hooked on the Albion.

I was at a mate's wedding but saw all the photos from the game, the videos of Slade being carried in the pitch invasion and I even managed to sneak away from the reception for a bit to share in the post-match celebrations. My son really got hooked on the Albion with the Withdean Man City game - funnily enough, the pitch invasion was possibly the thing that gave him that final push.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I think your ‘life long fan' is less of a worrier because they will always be there whatever the clubs position. They enjoy travelling to lower league grounds as much if not more than the big clubs. They know that relegation is not the end of the world and are pretty chilled as a result. Having said all that I do have a little bit of sick when I think of tomorrow.

Great post, spot on. :D

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was at a mate's wedding but saw all the photos from the game, the videos of Slade being carried in the pitch invasion and I even managed to sneak away from the reception for a bit to share in the post-match celebrations. My son really got hooked on the Albion with the Withdean Man City game - funnily enough, the pitch invasion was possibly the thing that gave him that final push.

We didn't go the ManC game. I live close to the stadium and remember endless cars and happy pedestrians at 10.30ish, after the win, from the relatively 'massive' crowd the best part of 9,000!

Russell Slade was carried along to the chant of "He's fat, he's bald, his name is Russell Slade, Russell Slade". He loved it. I can't imagine someone like Nigel Adkins possessing that self-effacing humility.

We love pitch invasions, and bundled past stewards in a big surge last Easter at the Wigan match.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'd be lying if I said the results don't concern me, but I feel little different this year than in any other across the decades.

I've seen Albion home and away whilst at the top and bottom ends of divisions two to four. Stoke City will be my first away match in the top flight. For me, as long as there is an Albion and a football experience the division isn't that relevant. It's not so much about satisfying ego as the journey this madness takes me on.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Paul Merson just said we played really well against Chelsea and he expects us to beat West Ham.

What a fool ... ? !

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
We didn't go the ManC game. I live close to the stadium and remember endless cars and happy pedestrians at 10.30ish, after the win, from the relatively 'massive' crowd the best part of 9,000!

Russell Slade was carried along to the chant of "He's fat, he's bald, his name is Russell Slade, Russell Slade". He loved it. I can't imagine someone like Nigel Adkins possessing that self-effacing humility.

We love pitch invasions, and bundled past stewards in a big surge last Easter at the Wigan match.

There was a video of a Brighton fan in a wheelchair doing doughnuts around the centre circle after the Man City match.

I might be wrong but wasn't the Slade chant "He's got no hair, we don't care, Russell, Russell Slade"?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I think your ‘life long fan' is less of a worrier because they will always be there whatever the clubs position. They enjoy travelling to lower league grounds as much if not more than the big clubs. They know that relegation is not the end of the world and are pretty chilled as a result. Having said all that I do have a little bit of sick when I think of tomorrow.

Amen.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s the hope that kills you. I am more stressed when we are ahead than when we are behind

100% this. Sat deep in defence for 20 mins or more when 1-0 up [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33] Seemed to happen loads last season (even though it probably didn’t)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
There was a video of a Brighton fan in a wheelchair doing doughnuts around the centre circle after the Man City match.

I might be wrong but wasn't the Slade chant "He's got no hair, we don't care, Russell, Russell Slade"?

Steve Gritt, the other bald escape artist.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Are we in the relegation zone?

Successful season so far, if we go down? :shrug:

We’d be one of the best teams in the championship next season and that means WINS. Maybe that will shut the moaners up?

I dread to think what this place would be like if we were a boring mid table prem team.. actually probably quite similar to now :nono:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think your ‘life long fan' is less of a worrier because they will always be there whatever the clubs position.
Speak for yourself. Well, yourself and most others. I'll do enough worrying for the lot of you.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
if we go down? :shrug:

We’d be one of the best teams in the championship next season and that means WINS.
Would we be able to keep the squad? If we could, it should mean a lot of wins.
Maybe that will shut the moaners up?
If it meant promotion again, yep, I'd be delighted with that. But we all know how tough the Championship can be, so plenty of time for panic and moaning.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Every game is 90 minutes of stress and a sleepless night if we play badly. Lots of sleepless nights recently.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
It’s the hope that kills you. I am more stressed when we are ahead than when we are behind

Absolutely this. Bournemouth at home was the most stressed I have been this season for that reason. I remember feeling this way as long ago as the 83 final. I was up for enjoying the whole Wembley final experience with little expectation of success. When Smith scored the whole day became much less relaxed.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Hey there, life long fan here!

I am absolutely shitting it when we're crap in the PL, for these next few games especially. When we're crap I worry more not less. The PL is our key to survival. We have been told time and again that we CANNOT run this club in the Championship at a profit. It is not going to happen. As someone that grew up on the mid to late 90s as his first taste of Albion our survival as a football club comes first and in order to be at our most comfortable, we need to stay in the PL.

See my view is that if this the case then the whole of football is ****ed, which it undoubtedly is, so what's the point in worrying.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Apart from the Archer years I don't think I have worried about football since I was about 12:moo:

Know what you mean. In those dark days and the lead up to the Hereford match I couldn’t sleep, concentrate in meetings, put enthusiasm into anything un Albion related, and would talk endlessly about how we might survive and what if we don’t. Much more chilled during the week now but when we are winning I just want the match to end. Not sure if I enjoy it when we are winning until the final whistle

Ps - in those dark days I felt more responsible in as much that it mattered to our survival if I went to away matches........now if I don’t go someone else will

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here