Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "West Brom, without a win in their last 20 Premier League games"

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If they do beat us, they have a chance of going above us a week from now as, when we face Chelsea, they are playing Everton.

So, a side that has not won in 20 (twenty) league games could be above us in a little over a week.

It's unlikely, I fully appreciate, but it illustrates just how tight the bottom half of the table is.
It's not that bad - as they are 7 points below us - but they could get within a point of us if that happened.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
In my seasonal predictions, we have to win to stay up instead of them. I put it down as a 1-1 draw. Baggies are not as bad as they were down here. They can pass the ball and not lose possession as much as say Everton. Like us, they can't shoot and Matt Phillips is hamstrung most of the time.

Still more of a must not lose game though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We need 5 more wins and if this isn't one of them then it's a struggle to see where all the wins will come from.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A friends of mine who is a long time baggies fan thinks they are going down. Tomorrow is critical for them, you can't be adrift in the transfer window, no one will go there

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
WBA big favourites to win this. You can get 7/2 Brighton with Betfair.

Amazing that they were 4th when they came to the Amex, and haven't won a game since.

PG

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Gle.JPG

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Talksport Danny Kelly.
"West Brom have got Brighton tomorrow, if they can't win that one they might as well pack up and go home".
Wanchor! and I am not being precious.
There are quite a few teams below us Kelly, I wonder how many of them he would have said the same about were they playing West Brom tomorrow?
Gough said it's got 0-0 all over it and he is probably right, but if West Brom do not improve we can win this game.
It just seems that the media see us as THE most beatable team even though we are where we are in the league.
It makes my piss boil.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Talksport Danny Kelly.
"West Brom have got Brighton tomorrow, if they can't win that one they might as well pack up and go home".
Wanchor! and I am not being precious.
There are quite a few teams below us Kelly, I wonder how many of them he would have said the same about were they playing West Brom tomorrow?
Gough said it's got 0-0 all over it and he is probably right, but if West Brom do not improve we can win this game.
It just seems that the media see us as THE most beatable team even though we are where we are in the league.
It makes my piss boil.

Just think of it like this: f**k 'em.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Browsing on one of the West Brom forums and they are viewing this as their must win game of the season, biggest game for years etc. One line of conversation is around who is the biggest "Albion" out of the two teams, the quote below is from one such thread, never heard talk of the Rugby Club angle, before, anyone else..?

"During their last visit to the top flight in the 80s, when I was living there, they had a short lived fanzine called "The Other Albion", so I think they know their place. I also think that technically they are supposed to be called "AFC", not "FC" because the rugby club at Brighton is one of the oldest in the world and had already claimed the name "The Brighton Football Club".

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here