Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raphael Dwamena RIP

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
£8m for someone with such a slender (if impressive) track record seems a hell of a lot. I wonder if it's going to be a case of restructuring the deal - maybe that 8m was including all add-ons etc. Otherwise, you'd have to say Zurich are taking the mick a bit...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
£8m for someone with such a slender (if impressive) track record seems a hell of a lot. I wonder if it's going to be a case of restructuring the deal - maybe that 8m was including all add-ons etc. Otherwise, you'd have to say Zurich are taking the mick a bit...
I simply can't get my head round the thought £8m is expensive, it just isn't.

He's 21.
He's 8 months into a new contract.
He's scored 30 goals in 38 'professional' games.

If he's signed & scored 10 decent goals bidding will begin at £30-40m.

We are Premier League, Raphael might only be worth £4m to Grasshoppers but the Albion, or any other Premier League side, sure as hell aren't buying any young striker on a new contract for 'only' £4m

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
shame, could have offered O'Grady as well.....deal breaker !!

We offered O'Grady, but their price went up for them to take him...

edit: this dim witted reply doesn't really work with [MENTION=13683]Cowfold Seagull[/MENTION]'s factual post right above it.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

He's 21.

We are Premier League, Raphael might only be worth £4m to Grasshoppers but the Albion, or any other Premier League side, sure as hell aren't buying any young striker on a new contract for 'only' £4m

Not far wrong with that, look at Mbappé, one decent season at Monaco and they are talking figure's of £100m + for an 18yr old.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Their owner clearly says (I paraphrase) "with TV money in the EPL we are in no hurry to sell. The price for a goalscorer will only go up."

He's not wrong!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not far wrong with that, look at Mbappé, one decent season at Monaco and they are talking figure's of £100m + for an 18yr old.

I can only assume the 'inflated market' bullshite doctrine has finally sunk in.

Sadly it happened on the day when the club finally said 'ah f**k it, just pay the man'.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

He's 21.

Well, firstly he doesn't play for Grasshoppers. He plays for FC Zurich. In fact Grasshoppers is the only club he's scored against that most people will ever have heard of as nearly all his goals so far were netted in Austria - and not against any of the big names.

So in that sense he's entirely unproven at anything like a decent standard.

Which is also why any comparison, as someone else was making, to Mbappe is ridiculous. He's already a star in a much bigger league, as well as the Champions League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here