Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Sky Q

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
We cut down our sky package so we just have the basic sky sports and the TVs etc for 18 months....I want Eurosport, but have to sign up for another package we got rid of......as I don't have any sky hd channels, can I have BT sport or will they say as I haven't got sky hd I can't have BT hd or Eurosport hd? Anyone know?
Sorry don't start until the 8th January....don't have Sky so have no idea!

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
To be fair to your dad the remotes aren't that easy to use. I do like the voice recognition although talking to a remote control is a bit bizarre
Just a point but they released a new remote a couple of weeks ago which is blue tooth, has voice control but which has extra buttons so it functions like a normal remote without the touch control which a lot of us found difficult to use.
I ordered one and it came today and seems really good.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
We cut down our sky package so we just have the basic sky sports and the TVs etc for 18 months....I want Eurosport, but have to sign up for another package we got rid of......as I don't have any sky hd channels, can I have BT sport or will they say as I haven't got sky hd I can't have BT hd or Eurosport hd? Anyone know?

Currently, you can have BT sport added to your Sky [I did this the day before the 1st Ashes test started] but this has to be subscribed to via BT [not Sky] - however [see other thread] this is up for change in 2019

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Just a point but they released a new remote a couple of weeks ago which is blue tooth, has voice control but which has extra buttons so it functions like a normal remote without the touch control which a lot of us found difficult to use.
I ordered one and it came today and seems really good.

This is the one I have - been using it for about a month - the light touch for fast-forward / reverse are a bit tricky.
I've found using it one-handed is also tricky as it slips out.

But being Bluetooth, no longer need to point it at the TV and the voice search is impressive.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Currently, you can have BT sport added to your Sky [I did this the day before the 1st Ashes test started] but this has to be subscribed to via BT [not Sky] - however [see other thread] this is up for change in 2019

Ok. Thanks mate

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
This is the one I have - been using it for about a month - the light touch for fast-forward / reverse are a bit tricky.
I've found using it one-handed is also tricky as it slips out.

But being Bluetooth, no longer need to point it at the TV and the voice search is impressive.
If it is the new one you can turn the touch control off in the setup menu so that it only works as a standard remote.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Got it too and think it's great. Main box and two mini boxes.

Big pluses for me are that each box is a mini wifi hotspot. I'm in quite a weak reception area so this is a big help in my house.

Although a bit redundant now - I also like the fact I can watch BT Sport through each box whereas before it was tied to one card as I had Sky Multiroom.

The iPad app is also good as it turns it into another tv.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With the mini boxes don’t you have to pay extra from Bt to activate them?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
We have two Sky+ boxes and The old Multi room. That gives 2 boxes and 2 planners . That way mine is seperate from hers . We find that very much better since to share a planner would be a nightmare ( Yes, we do live together quite amicably )

I don't think they offer that now and I would see SkyQ as a backward step.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Does anyone with Sky Q also have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet?

I can download my recording, for examples the full 90 mins of us vs Bournemouth, onto my iPhone, so assume it would be the same on a tablet. My mate has a Samsung Galaxy though and swears blind he cant download matches he's recorded to his tablet.

Would like to get a tablet, mostly to download and watch stuff when commuting and the Samsung Tab 2 8 seems to be £200 cheaper than the Mini 4 but would be annoying if I couldn't watch football highlights or full 90 mins I've recorded.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Does anyone with Sky Q also have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet?

I can download my recording, for examples the full 90 mins of us vs Bournemouth, onto my iPhone, so assume it would be the same on a tablet. My mate has a Samsung Galaxy though and swears blind he cant download matches he's recorded to his tablet.

Would like to get a tablet, mostly to download and watch stuff when commuting and the Samsung Tab 2 8 seems to be £200 cheaper than the Mini 4 but would be annoying if I couldn't watch football highlights or full 90 mins I've recorded.

You need the sky Q app, once you have that you can watch live tv or Sky Q recordings on any (most) phones or tablets.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
You need the sky Q app, once you have that you can watch live tv or Sky Q recordings on any (most) phones or tablets.

Yeah got it on my iPhone and works fine - my mate with a Samsung tablet has the Q app too but it doesn't allow him to download matches he's recorded apparently. Would seem weird if the content you can download varied by device though I'd have thought.. :/

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
Yeah got it on my iPhone and works fine - my mate with a Samsung tablet has the Q app too but it doesn't allow him to download matches he's recorded apparently. Would seem weird if the content you can download varied by device though I'd have thought.. :/

I have the galaxy tab s (original - still works a treat!) and have no issues downloading and watching anything I have recorded on my sky q app.

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
I have Sky Q and Samsung tablet. I haven't tried with football matches but for some reason not all of my recordings can be downloaded to my tablet on Sky Q app. Dunno why.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here