Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Norwood bid rejected!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is the transfer window still open in the EFL to buy or sell players I thought that it was only a loan window. until end of August. but it seems as if I could be mistaken.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
to circumvent the rules.

many prem teams have extra numbers over the 25 nominated squad players ... as usual many will be loaned out and in the case of surplus to requirements (Norwood , Towell) the clubs will try to push for loans with buy options

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
He's a very good top end tidy midfielder that will do a great job at Sheffield united and good luck to him as he's been pulled from pillow to post and needs stability.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
So the window to buy and sell in the EFL is also closed now.

Clubs can still sell to countries where the transfer window is still open. There is nothing stopping a club selling a player at any time outside of their domestic transfer window, only the buying club need to worry about if the window is open or not.

to circumvent the rules.

It's not circumventing any rules, the EFL agreed to have the transfer window close to permanent deals at the same time as the Premier League (who were the ones who voted to close the window early), they also decided to have a loan window that extended until the end of August in line with previous transfer windows. As the EFL is ran by the Football League they are a separate competition to the Premier League and as such can have their own transfer/loan windows.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I meant the loan to purchase in January is circumventing the signing pre-deadline time of permanent players. that is all.

No, because it is still a loan deal until the transfer window opens again for permanent deals.

It's just an agreement between the two clubs that the deal will become permanent when the window opens, it protects both the selling club against the buyer pulling out, and the buying club against the seller agreeing a deal with another team for the player.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
If this fee is accurate then I’m happy to have recouped our outlay and Sheffield United get a competent midfielder for a decent price...

971b79a8740d8aa686e82a45e2ea7535.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
So presumably, and quite rightly imo, we are refusing to loan these players in their last year of contract without it being a loan-to-buy deal.

Does make you wonder why the club didn't sell in the window however...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here