Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wolves at it again

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Burnley is a shocker, nobody in and they kick off in the Europa on Thursday

I fancy the northern tightwads to go down this year. No new players, not willing to spend more than a fiver on a player, more matches due to Europe and early start to the season, Dyche style found out in the Premier.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I fancy the northern tightwads to go down this year. No new players, not willing to spend more than a fiver on a player, more matches due to Europe and early start to the season, Dyche style found out in the Premier.

Dyche proven to be a brilliant manager so cant agree.

Top 7 side last season .

Can't see them turning to shit over night.

Mid table for me

Same as Leicester , those sayin will struggle well wide of the mark. Despite Mahrez will be top half. Maddison their new signing is absolute quality and will be a England regular for years to come.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
5m sounds a little bit to good! Wolves are definitely getting creative behind closed doors!

Its been insinuated many times that Mendes is involved in all sorts of dodgy dealings.

Have also heard that Portuguese football transfers have been suspected to have been used as a method of money laundering, but who knows how much solid evidence there is for that

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Difficult to judge how well they'll do. Having had a quick look at their version of NSC they seem certain that the PL will be a breeze and top 10 is achievable. They did really well last year and have strengthened further over the summer. I think they'll survive but top 10 might be a step too far.

Using an agent to stock the team was a stroke of genius though, like Watford they've been creative with the rules.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
The Big Six will not allow upstart Wolves to threaten their "clique". I can see them trying to destabilise the Mendes-Fosun relationship at Wolves.

If Wolves have broken any rules, they'll be in big trouble. The latest transfer looks dodgy. Atletico Madrid, under FFP pressure, sign Johnny Castro from Leganes but immediately loan him out to Wolves. Why? Also, the Afobe to Stoke deal surprised a few.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As with Fulham, the Wolves spending on fees and huge wages continues a pace.

IMG_2805.PNG

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
He was very good last season and is one of the fastest players around.
All this Wolves mocking might come back to bite us- I think they look VERY strong.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Happy with the business we've done, but I'd have been delighted to have signed Traore. Every time I saw him last season he was causing havoc.

Not surprised he failed to shine at Boro the year they went down - they barely ventured across the halfway line all season, so that was no team to judge him in. He'll do well at Wolves I reckons.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Difficult to judge how well they'll do. Having had a quick look at their version of NSC they seem certain that the PL will be a breeze and top 10 is achievable. They did really well last year and have strengthened further over the summer. I think they'll survive but top 10 might be a step too far.

Using an agent to stock the team was a stroke of genius though, like Watford they've been creative with the rules.

And I think that this will be Wolves' undoing.

I was talking to a West Ham fan (a bit of an armchair fan admittedly) couple of weeks ago, and he was cock-a-hoop about the amount of money his club were spending, feeling it meant they would automatically climb the table, and that splashing the cash brought success etc.

If you're right, we appear to have a similar scenario here. Wolves making big noises, getting in players for top cash - and hence a bonanza season. Sadly, we have one or two on here with that attitude - I strongly believe top 10 is still out of our reach, irrespective of what Burnley did last season. Those Wolves players - they may be good, but the key is, what will their reaction be when they lose to Cardiff? Or Fulham? Or Brighton? What will their fans' reaction be?

Not overly supportive, I'd guess, going by what you're suggesting.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I'm not convinced lots of lovely Mediterranean type talent but will they be a team that can dig in when needed. Will do ok but not the top 6 challengers some seem to think

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
He was very good last season and is one of the fastest players around.
All this Wolves mocking might come back to bite us- I think they look VERY strong.
On paper. It's not mocking, from me anyway, but any club that gets promoted and then presumes they're going to smash their way into a comfortable top ten finish in the PL is deluded. They're setting themselves up so that anything less is failure. Not a good starting point.

It's a bit like Boro etc getting relegated and then saying they're going to "smash" the Championship (as Gibson said) because they'd spent £50m after going down.

That worked out well.

Wolves may well have a good season but they and their fans are setting a very high bar and that's never a good idea.

Personally I hope they crash and burn because Mendes is a **** and the epitomy of everything that is wrong about football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here