Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Alan Sugar in the sh*t !!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So a twitter user shouts racist when someone makes a joke about a football team selling sunglasses and handbags on a football pitch in a photo promotion, and then compliments them on their multi tasking and resourcefulness. suddeny twitter and NSC goes into meltdown? This joke would work whatever the colour of the players are.

Sadly we live in an age where being offended on other peoples behalf is fashionable, rather than listen to the people at the end of a smart comment who haven’t even expressed that they feel racially abused. In fact all he did was help the promotion of their sunglasses and handbag range, and the accusations of being a racist has promoted them even further.
The reality is that Lord Sugar would have been called out on that since the 80s.

The "they all look the same" line hasn't suddenly become racist since the invention of the internet.

Meanwhile let's tick off some MODERN defences.

"Liberal Lefties" tick
"Political Correctness" tick
"Offended on behalf of others" tick
"Snowflake" tick

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I would say it shows what some (or maybe even 1) person's mindset is. Your post is making a huge assumption about the remainder of football's hierachy.There is a fine line between racism and patriotism which in my opinion is blurring all the time.

I don't think I am - It didn't take clubs like Wigan, Sheff United and other clubs long to queue up to take on Malky Mc Kay, until the public backlash hit them when they started to interview him for jobs. Even the Scottish FA found a place eventually to ''shoe horn'' him into a job with them.

[MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] hit the nail on the head in post #93 - On top of that there are far too many people within society who don't even always realise that their words and actions are racist

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I got that early this morning from about 8 different mates. Laughed and then got on with my life as a racist.

Me too .

No one died or was injured , well apart from the feelings of SJW’s and Virtue Signallers , which can only be a good thing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Me too .

No one died or was injured , well apart from the feelings of SJW’s and Virtue Signallers , which can only be a good thing .

When nobody dies (or is injured by racism) does that make it ok ?

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Me too .

Great work on these two perjoratives. Try to shoehorn in Generation Snowflake, Grief Tourism and Cotton Wool Culture in your next diatribe.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Sort of off topic but am I the only one that finds the looky looky extremely irritating, on many occasion I’ve gone from sitting outside a restaurant to going inside because of the hassle!

This is true, they are irritating but in Venice we sat outside a bar/restaurant for 2 and a half hours and the blue helicopter man or the orange splatterman didn’t sell one product. How do they survive ?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I didn't see it as racist and not prepared to tread on egg shells around faux sensative political pc maniacs.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here