Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Worlds most impressive Buildings

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Heartbreaking that this beautiful building may well be lost...

history-banner.jpg

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I love Art Deco so I think The Empire State Building is a wonderful building.
Previous poster mentioned St Pancras station and it is a wonderful building now that it is renovated, but as far as stations go, Grand Central Station NYC is fabulous. I only popped in for an quick look but stayed for over an hour gawping at the architecture and popped in to one of the outlets for a pizza and beer.
And I love the way the yanks still use "All Aboard".

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Totally this. Visited it four times while living in India and accompanying guests. It was still jaw dropping every single time.

The Taj Mahal is the most breathtaking building I've ever seen. If you've only seen photos, it's hard to appreciate all the tiny intricate details set into the marble. It is an absolute wonder, at any time of day. The entire day we were there, every time I turned away, when I turned back and glimpsed it again, I was still blown away, every single time.

I'd also vote for the temples at Angkor in Cambodia. Like the Taj Mahal, they look impressive enough in pictures, but when you see them close up, every square inch is carved with incredible detail: animals, warriors, battles, gods and so on. It's insane that they were able to do such things without the sort of tools or mechanisation modern man would use.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
The Taj Mahal is the most breathtaking building I've ever seen. If you've only seen photos, it's hard to appreciate all the tiny intricate details set into the marble. It is an absolute wonder, at any time of day. The entire day we were there, every time I turned away, when I turned back and glimpsed it again, I was still blown away, every single time.

I'd also vote for the temples at Angkor in Cambodia. Like the Taj Mahal, they look impressive enough in pictures, but when you see them close up, every square inch is carved with incredible detail: animals, warriors, battles, gods and so on. It's insane that they were able to do such things without the sort of tools or mechanisation modern man would use.

Interesting smell there, too... :whistle:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpeg

Number 1 Royal Crescent, Bath, is pretty impressive.
The whole of Royal Crescent is nice but obviously it's many houses, flats and a hotel rather than one building.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
eff562cd71f6c2a3c9d199aba743cdc6.jpg

Moscow State University.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
The pyramids were built thousands of years ago, no arguably about it. Also their technology was way inferior to what we have now.

There's always one.

The pyramids of Giza were built 12,000 years ago by a civilisation currently unknown, but there's always someone who will believe they were built by the pharoahs. But as I said, that would be a whole new thread.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Totally this. Visited it four times while living in India and accompanying guests. It was still jaw dropping every single time.

I still have a similar regard for Canterbury Cathedral now I come to think of it. It has the power to overcome the curmudgeonly atheist in me.

Not at the moment though, covered in bloody scaffolding and plastic...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here