Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doncaster Rovers vs Reading *** Official Thread ***

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I think that if we get a win at Forest, we have a decent chance of getting in the play offs. One team will slip up somewhere.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We are better off today than two days ago. There were 5 teams going for one play off spot, now there are 4 teams going for two play off spots.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
the way I see it is that there are 2 places up for grabs and three teams going for them.

So a combination next week that gives us a spot is more likely than not.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We are better off today than two days ago. There were 5 teams going for one play off spot, now there are 4 teams going for two play off spots.

That's a great way of looking at it. So it's almost, basically, 50/50. Argh God I can't take it anymore. Off to the pub.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
the way I see it is that there are 2 places up for grabs and three teams going for them.

So a combination next week that gives us a spot is more likely than not.

It is possible that Blackburn could sneak in but their goal difference is inferior to the other three.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
people are acting like its over, we have a great chance!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I think that if we get a win at Forest, we have a decent chance of getting in the play offs. One team will slip up somewhere.

Agree, it's us winning that puts me in doubt. Not any kind of OG out or that kind of bollocks, I can't remember the last time we won at Forest.

Just checked, 2004.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
people are acting like its over, we have a great chance!

Wouldn't describe it as a great chance, we had a great chance prior to the Blackpool game. Now things are not in our hands so I would describe our chances as a possibility. We have done better than I expected and I live in hope that we can get there but a great chance it isn't.

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Wouldn't describe it as a great chance, we had a great chance prior to the Blackpool game. Now things are not in our hands so I would describe our chances as a possibility. We have done better than I expected and I live in hope that we can get there but a great chance it isn't.

If you work on the basis that Burnley will beat Reading, which sadly I think they will, then you have a great chance.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
If you work on the basis that Burnley will beat Reading, which sadly I think they will, then you have a great chance.

Exactly my point. Ifs and buts doesn't make me feel that our chances are great, just a possibility IMO. We could well get 3 points at Forest but we are still reliant on other teams helping us.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Feeling oddly positive right now. Even if we don't make the playoffs, there is something strangely more comforting about doing so starting the final day in 7th. To be in a playoff spot at the start of the day and losing it would be a killer. As it stands, we're not in the playoffs. Getting there would be a bonus.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
After losing at home to bro I thought we had no chance....look at Blackpool who would have thought they would pick up there last four points...all to play for

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
IN a strange sort of way, I'm pretty happy now it's sunk in. I could just imagine us throwing it away on the final day with a nervous defeat if we were 6th. Now there's nothing to lose. Even a draw could still be enough. And if Wigan fail to win at Birmingham - which given The Blues' predicament is certainly possible - then 2 places to play for is even more of an incentive.

Obviously, our chances are reduced but the disappointment would be easier to handle in this scenario. At least we're not needing a result to stay up... been there often enough..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here