Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jose Izquierdo

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Started really well. But I've noticed that he is on the end of quite a lot of b0ll0ckings from other players if he doesn't do what they want! I know this goes on all the time, but he does seem to cop it a lot more than other players.

To this end it seemed he was having doubts about whether to shoot or pass in key situations

Agreed. Too many b0ll0ckings could have a negative effect on his game. The lad must still be trying to settle into life here too. He is a great threat...but his [lack of] goal celebration seemed a bit weird... maybe he prefers to score crackers!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Thought he did great. There was a period in the first half where he was constantly getting in behind their defence and Stephens was just pinging balls out to him. It was great and he came oh so close to opening the scoring early on from exactly that situation.

Plus he scored the equaliser.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
DPJzwThXkAAizI5.jpg

Muzza looked happy for him.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
And in his own words, Frustrating.

[tweet]932931477020512256[/tweet]

Maybe he thought we should be beating teams like Stoke not scraping for a draw? Or does someone in our PR team run his Twitter for him?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
And in his own words, Frustrating.

[tweet]932931477020512256[/tweet]

Maybe he thought we should be beating teams like Stoke not scraping for a draw? Or does someone in our PR team run his Twitter for him?

I imagine they do. Is his English that good?

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Seems to be a very similar player to Kez tbh, never really has the ball under control but has that unpredictably which can make him dangerous

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I suspect he feels that he has not hit the ground running, he has still to gel with his teamates who speak a different language and feels under pressure to keep his place and perform. So, if anyone has a go at him in the heat of the game he is going to be upset. New team, new country, new league, new supporters and a new home - I am sure he is finding it tough. He has shown enough promise and given time will come very good. He probably just needs Hughton's arm round him and plenty of encouragement from the fans.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I've enjoyed his performances to be honest. Pace to burn, not afraid to shoot no matter what, defends well when called upon and 2 goals already. Obvious he's a rough diamond and there are things to work on. I'd be interested seeing march on left and Jose-Izquierdo down the right in a game both going outside the fullback at pace. If that isn't working both could swap and be on the side they can then cut in and shoot. Think AK could do with a little break but it's great to have 3 very good options

I would like to think what Jose on the left, Knocky on the right and March up the middle would do to a defence. I rate March through the middle better than on the wing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Has the potential to tear this league up. At his best he's like Kaz on speed. Slightly concerned about the non-celebration in that case since it was his first home goal and the equalizer. Kaz would have somersaulted off in to the new floodlights.

In the first half, however, he was our most effective player because they didn't have a right back, Really should have scored that one from inside the corner of the box that just missed the far post.

Overall though I'm a big fan. I hope he's not SAD.

electronicmaji

Nov 21, 2017
Jose is frustrated that he has not been called up to the national team despite competition for the position being quite low.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Seems to be a very similar player to Kez tbh, never really has the ball under control but has that unpredictably which can make him dangerous

Similar, but a much better footballer. Have already seen him play a few lovely cushioned passes, his first touch is miles better, much more accomplished and willing to defend, and I think he's faster (certainly over a longer distance). Reckon we'll see great things from him once he properly settles - he hasn't actually had that much game time in reality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here