Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Exodus: Our Journey to Europe - BBC2

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The problem with that, is that our own government has backtracked on what they promised to do. Lord Dubs made provision for children to come from the refugee camps but only 350 have come in.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/o...in-thousands-less-than-promised-a7569691.html
The solution is to rebuild these countries and focus on funding these projects instead of them making these journeys to Europe.
Stop bombing these countries and stop interfering in their way of life and if Isis or some other group enter thenleave the people to deal with it.

Yes it's horrible and yes it's our fault partly but you can't keep on doing things this way when the solution is in their country's.

We're living in a very dangerous world now with overpopulation amongst many issues that are affecting everyday life throughout the world.

You can't please everyone with at least 2 thirds or more of the planet in poverty or worse and it's goner get far far far worse sadly.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If he had any sense he would have voted to leave the EU, once we have left that tax avoiding, corporate cock sucking, corrupt and undemocratic shit show then the people of this country can finally hold our moribund political class to account.

Happy days.

The people could have voted against the moribund political class at any point in history. They didn't, they constantly voted to keep them in government. Why on earth do you think this will change because of Brexit?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Only took two pages for the predictable to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep such a shame. I will have a look for the program as it would be nice to hear the other side of things for a change.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Thanks for this. Will watch it this evening. I don't know the girl's story but for me, the obvious solution was always that European countries should have insisted that they only take refugees from the camps and simply send back to the camps anyone arriving in Europe by other means. Although it sounds harsh it would IMO have saved a lot of lives, it's far more co-ordinated, allows for much better checks and easier to prioritise families for resettlement here in the West. I genuinely believe we wouldn't be seeing quite so many far-right parties winning elections across Europe if it had been handled this way.

I agree with this idea, although the only way it would work would be for countries to take many many more refugees. The reason people avoid the camps is because they can be stuck in them for years with no movement. Can't really blame them for going direct.

The question is, would countries be prepared to far far more refugees to make this system work? The way this issue has been framed by the press would suggest that this would not be a vote winner.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The solution is to rebuild these countries and focus on funding these projects instead of them making these journeys to Europe.
Stop bombing these countries and stop interfering in their way of life and if Isis or some other group enter thenleave the people to deal with it.

Yes it's horrible and yes it's our fault partly but you can't keep on doing things this way when the solution is in their country's.

We're living in a very dangerous world now with overpopulation amongst many issues that are affecting everyday life throughout the world.

You can't please everyone with at least 2 thirds or more of the planet in poverty or worse and it's goner get far far far worse sadly.

Syria cannot be rebuilt until the war has finished. In the meantime people are dying in their thousands.

There will never be peace in the Middle East. I'm nearly 70 & cannot name a year when there was peace there. Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Lybia, Iraq, Iran, Kuwait, Aden, etc etc are always at war either against each other or civil.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Syria cannot be rebuilt until the war has finished. In the meantime people are dying in their thousands.

There will never be peace in the Middle East. I'm nearly 70 & cannot name a year when there was peace there. Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Lybia, Iraq, Iran, Kuwait, Aden, etc etc are always at war either against each other or civil.

we've tried intervention (albeit with dubious intentions IMHO), maybe it is time to leave them to it? My hope is that as oil loosens its strangle hold on us and we perfect alternate energ sources we will become less interested in the middle east and they will be allowed to sort the mess out themselves. If nothing else our lack of presence in the area will mean that we are less of a target for terrorists. If the reports of the depth of our involvements are to be believed it will take a fair while to sort out the mess.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
How sad to be as twisted and bigoted as you.

I’m neither, and there is nothing I have added to this thread that is either twisted or bigoted.

On the contrary I am entirely comfortable that those who are so moved by the plight of refugees or worried about migrants put their money where their mouth is and put these desperate people up in their homes.

I note this highly intelligent guy with a bright future had no fixed abode.......

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ssault-swapnil-kulat-manchester-a8048231.html

It’s just a shame he couldn’t have shared a warm family home with people that feel the same way that you do.

There is nothing twisted or bigoted about that!

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
The people could have voted against the moribund political class at any point in history. They didn't, they constantly voted to keep them in government. Why on earth do you think this will change because of Brexit?

You think Brexit was a vote FOR the moribund political class?

What about the last EU elections that returned a majority of UKIP MEPs, far more than any other political party?

The British people in relation to the EU have long been sending messages, and the political class are reaping what they have sown.

Once political decisions in this country can’t be hidden by the Byzantine Brussels bureaucracy (e.g. TTIP) then we have the ability to hold them to account, whether or not we do is a moot point.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’m neither, and there is nothing I have added to this thread that is either twisted or bigoted.

On the contrary I am entirely comfortable that those who are so moved by the plight of refugees or worried about migrants put their money where their mouth is and put these desperate people up in their homes.

I note this highly intelligent guy with a bright future had no fixed abode.......

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ssault-swapnil-kulat-manchester-a8048231.html

It’s just a shame he couldn’t have shared a warm family home with people that feel the same way that you do.

You've searched for two criminal cases of rape from foreigners. Maybe you could research how many rapes are committed by British men? In the interests of balance, of course.

Then look up the definition of bigoted.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
More children like these ?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ge-test-migrants-refugee-crisis-a7464081.html

Three in four 'child' asylum seekers are actually adults, Denmark claims

Humanitarian group says many young people don't know how old they really are

I know what you mean! This Welsh bloke says he's fifteen!

Ridiculous
FB_IMG_1471800525330.jpg

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

I take it you haven't got any space due to the fact that you have homeless British ex-servicemen staying in your spare room.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
How do you stop your own leader dropping chemical weapons on you, or prevent ISIS from taking advantage of the civil war, to wade in attacking everyone?
Your suggestion is very naive. Most people would move to a place of safety.

why then do they not head east to.places of.safety far nearer than here , or come through several safe countries to reach here ? Someone is being naive and its not the poster you responded to :thumbsup:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
It appears that benefit caps are causing difficulties to refugee families settling in the UK .

Perhaps greater consideration should be given to claimants from cultures that tend to have larger than average family units .

The introduction of a cap on benefits in November 2016,
limiting the total amount of money that a family (outside
London) could claim in benefits to £20,000 a year,
would have a detrimental financial impact on a large
proportion of refugee families resettled under the VPRS.
A number of LAs are already using discretionary housing
payments (DHPs) to cover the gap between the LHA
rate (covered by housing benefit) and the market rates
but argue that such payments are not sustainable and,
if continued, would undermine the broader objective of
building the refugees’ capacity to be independent .

https://reliefweb.int/sites/reliefweb.int/files/resources/5a0029174.pdf

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
why then do they not head east to.places of.safety far nearer than here , or come through several safe countries to reach here ? Someone is being naive and its not the poster you responded to :thumbsup:

Have you seen the refugee camps in Greece & Turkey? My friend is a nurse who uses her annual leave to help in these camps.
The vast majority of refugees are in these camps. You & similar posters keep referring to Calais & men that have arrived here from there, whereas I am talking about refugees not economic migrants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here