Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] That team in 8th place in the Premier League

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Everton are a massive football club, much bigger, with all due respect, that. Burnley.

If Dyche does has aspirations of managing England, and why wouldn't he, then a good two or three year at Everton would be a good stepping stone.
If he has any ambition it would be a great stepping stone for any big job. A decent 5 years at Everton would be a good move for his career.

I'm not sure he's capable of more than getting his team to hoof the ball to a striker though.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
If he has any ambition it would be a great stepping stone for any big job. A decent 5 years at Everton would be a good move for his career.

I'm not sure he's capable of more than getting his team to hoof the ball to a striker though.

You obviously haven't seen much of Burnley this season - you must have missed the slick 26-pass move which ended with the winning goal at Everton a few weeks ago - only Man City this season have scored a goal with MORE passes.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You obviously haven't seen much of Burnley this season - you must have missed the slick 26-pass move which ended with the winning goal at Everton a few weeks ago - only Man City this season have scored a goal with MORE passes.
That's one goal, and yes, I heard about it. One goal where you pass the ball doesn't make Dyche the new Guardiola. I don't expect you to be objective about it though.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
If you don't let them in at your end you've always got a chance.

From premierleague.com:

Blocks:
1st= Dunk 19
1st= Tarkowski 19
3rd Mee 18
5th Duffy 15

Clearances:
1st Duffy 103
2nd Tarkowski 97
3rd Mee 95

Headed clearances:
1st Duffy 77
2nd Mee 70
3rd Tarkowski 64

Says it all

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Yeah he's much more than a hoofball merchant. I can easily envisage him staying at Burnley until the England job is vacated.

Notwithstanding the tussle we had the season before last he's definitely one of my favourite non-Albion people in football. He's a pragmatist, but has more tactical smarts than people give him credit for, he's feted by the 'too many foreigns' brigade (your Merses, your Tommos) yet largely avoids the "woe is me why don't English managers get a chance" talk, he speaks frankly and clearly in interviews and he has constructed a really really good Burnley team.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
And if Brighton had beaten Arsenal, we would be above them.

It would have been Arsenal 16 points, Brighton 18 points

But the thing is, without saves from Maty Ryan and Cross Bar, we may well have ended up with one point instead of six from Everton and Swansea :shrug:

If we'd won all of our games we'd be above Manchester City.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here